Self Cleaning or NO Self Cleaning??

backfromtokyoFebruary 12, 2013

I have a quick question and can't seem to find an answer on this one. I am going with a 36" Thermador 6 burner range...would have preferred a GE Monogram and can't afford the Wolf. However, with the rebates and other offerings Thermador is the best choice all things considered.

Now the question is do I splurge extra for the Thermador with self cleaning? It seems that a lot of people do not even/like the self cleaning option on these ranges.... so for the extra $1000+ is it worth it .... has anyone some wise advice to offer on this one?

Many thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
barryv_gw

Based on the posts I have read here, I wouldn't pay extra for it. I have it on a current oven and don't use it. As you have read, a number of people have had problems after using self clean, I would just as soon have a slightly dirty oven that works, than a clean oven that doesn't work.

Bookmark   February 12, 2013 at 8:40PM
barryv_gw

Based on the posts I have read here, I wouldn't pay extra for it. I have it on a current oven and don't use it. As you have read, a number of people have had problems after using self clean, I would just as soon have a slightly dirty oven that works, than a clean oven that doesn't work.

Bookmark   February 12, 2013 at 8:45PM
cooksnsews

Just for the info, the house cleaning service I use charges an extra $35 to clean my oven. I have them do so about twice per year. Hmmmmm, it would take a LONG time to justify the SF premium....

Bookmark   February 12, 2013 at 9:16PM
beekeeperswife

I'm not sure about the Thermador, but one thing that used to be an added benefit of self-cleaning ovens were that they were better insulated and didn't get so hot to the touch. Again, I have no info if this is the case with the Thermador.

Bookmark   February 12, 2013 at 9:42PM
More Discussions
Anybody seen/used the new Bosch Benchmark appliances?
I think they are shipping these now. I have largely...
Juno_barks
Bluestar Precious Metals - Infused copper
Greetings, I am getting ready to order a 36" 6...
pitcom
Island hood location/height
I've got a cooktop that's 20" X 37" that...
dickross
NY - Long Island Kitcken Appliance (Berta/Electrolux/etc...)
Hi All... I've been lucking for the past 6 months while...
nyli2014
good experience with AJ Madison
Got a really good deal on $5k worth of Bosch appliances...
logastellus
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™