Warming Drawer Placement-Am I off base?

mustangs81February 8, 2013

I have a 6 year old Thermador Triple Oven (See the link at the bottom of the post). The oven doesn't heat and the control panel doesn't display. The repair man said that I should just replace it since it's "old". I'm already $900 into the repair cost but a new triple oven is $5000 AND the warming drawers on new models are on the bottom!

When I entertain, I use my counter as a buffet that leads to the warming drawer where I have inserts for the hot food. If the warming drawer placement is down at your ankles, how do you serve the food that you are keeping warm?

What is the other side of this argument? i.e. Justification for placing the WD at the bottom.

Here is a link that might be useful: Discontinued Triple Oven

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
breezygirl

My KA warming drawer isn't the bottom of my double oven stack. It never occurred to me to serve food directly out of it while entertaining. For regular everyday use, DH or I just pull food out of it. For entertaining, food that need to stay warm or hot while the remainder of a buffet is being made waits in the drawer. Wen it's time to eat, I pull the food out and set it on the counter with the rest of the food.

Bookmark   February 8, 2013 at 9:33PM
More Discussions
plumbed miele steam
i went to gaggenau showroom and the employee said that...
housebuilder14
Daily Luxury Convenience (Combi Steam) vs. Tried & True Dbl Oven
I asked questions about the steam oven last month....
lawjedi
Convection Microwave vs Speed Cook Microwave Help
We are remodeling our basement to include a kitchenette...
Teresa Cooper
New Bertazzoni Induction Range?
I just saw a press release from Bertazzoni about a...
ltislander
Unnecessary drama with Miele dishwasher...
The salt/softener tank on my ten-year-old Miele Incognito...
howardgee
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™