Chevy T-blazer headlight bulb replacement

darren71March 13, 2007

I need to replace my low beam bulbs but cant figure out how to get the old bulbs out. any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
steve_o

Can't give you specific directions for a Trailblazer, but, generally speaking, the bulb will be in a holder that either clips into or screws onto the back of the headlamp. You may have to move some wiring or a windshield-washer reservoir or the battery to gain easy access (or find someone with small hands :-) Once the holder is out of the car, you'll either find the bulb can be removed from the holder or there will be some clips you'll have to undo before the bulb will come free. Take the replacement bulb and just reverse that you did to get the bulb out -- but don't touch the bulb. If you do smear skin oils (or even grease from a rag) on the bulb, its life will be a lot shorter (and you'll have to do this again real soon).

If you have the owner's manual for this truck, it should have instructions. It also will tell you what kind of bulb you need to replace (they're not all the same). If you don't have the manual, the parts store should have a book which will tell you which one you need.

Bookmark   March 13, 2007 at 4:45PM
More Discussions
car alarm going off at odd times
We have a Hyundai that suddenly decided the entire...
Chickey Wingz
pump keeps stopping when trying to fill gas tank
Hi! Can someone give me a clue what might be suddenly...
twinklenose
Running rich?
01 Taurus, Vulcan motor.owned for 4 months. Ran ok...
stoveguyy
Cost to Replace Car Battery?
DH took our 2005 Jaguar X-Type into the dealer for...
chisue
Car suddenly accelerats
This morning my wife was driving our 2013 Chrysler...
Dana015
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™