Need help with a tub -

flynnnjFebruary 9, 2013

I'm removing a whirlpool tub dating back to 1988. I just want a soaking tub, comfortable for someone only 5'2" -

I'm starting to feel like Goldilocks - this tub is too small, this one is too deep, this one is too narrow, this one is too expensive!

Many of the 60x30 tubs in the showrooms had shower doors on them - maybe that's why they felt too small and looked too much like a regular tub. I tried free standing tubs but they felt too deep and needed much more expensive faucets, parts, etc.

At Ferguson's I sat in a Bain Ultra with interior handles that felt great but the price for a soaking tub was high -

Someone told me about the Duravit Starck tub - 63" long and only 27 1'2" wide but the interior dimensions are actually wider than the Kohler Archer and other tubs I've seen. I really like the photos of the tub but can't find it anywhere to sit in it.

So here I am - needing any and all suggestions and advice. I can finally think about the tub now that the wallpaper has been removed - wow did that take a long time.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lee676

What's to be gained by replacing this with a soaking tub? Why not just not use the jets if you don't want them?

Could you eat into the box behind the headrest for a longer tub?

Is width an issue? Ferguson (amongst others) has some nice 60x32 soaking tubs. (but I assume from your post you're looking for a narrow but roomy tub).

I've found every ultra-rectangular tub to be very uncomfortable - not enough backrest slope, a sharp corner where your head leans against that even a pillow/cushion can't easily help. The Duravits you mentioned look that way, except for the ones with round ends which could be nice I do like all the different sizes they offer, and their quality is first rate.

I don't like the 5' Archer either - so narrow inside.

Bookmark   February 10, 2013 at 2:34PM
More Discussions
Shower door for neo-angle
If you have a neo-angle shower where the tiled walls...
cataan
Contractor messed up shower pan. Fixable?
My contractor who I'm firing tomorrow messed up my...
gwrussp
Photos of your finished bathrooms?
Is there anywhere on this site where people on this...
bixa2805
recommend sink for combo powder/bath
am planning combo laundry/half bath. side by side washer...
elleninmaine
Doable...European sink & US bathroom pop-up drain and faucet?
Originally posted in "Plumbing" I cannot...
rantontoo
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™