Who makes small 'step' to help short people enter S-10 pickup

janepaFebruary 7, 2009

We have a Chevy S-10 ext. cab pick-up with the special package that has bigger tires, etc. My husband purchased rails to make entry easier for me, but they did not hold up, and since he is the primary user of the truck and didn't use them, he took them off. I am only 5'3" and have a problem getting in the passenger side. Does anyone make a small step around 6" in length to attach to a truck instead of the long rails/running boards? The picture I have in my mind is in the shape of a 'staple', or a flat bottom 'U'. I did a web search and only found the rails/runningboards. If nothing is available I guess I will come up with a little step stool with a long handle to keep in the truck. My back lets me know each time I have hoisted myself on to the passenger seat. If I need to drive the truck I use the steering wheel to help me, but I am sure that is not what the steering wheel was designed to accomplish.

Thank you. Jane

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gary__

Not hard to find exactly what you described at all. Check with NAPA auto parts or any other parts store.

Here is a link that might be useful: side steps

Bookmark   February 12, 2009 at 8:36PM
More Discussions
1998 Dodge Caravan - Electrical Problems !?
Hi Folks, seems rather quite here, but I've got nothing...
vgkg
Lexus vs Toyota Avalon
OK guys, here is another one for you. (I apologize...
Lynne_SJO
car alarm going off at odd times
We have a Hyundai that suddenly decided the entire...
Chickey Wingz
Nissan 350Z P1757
My car Nissan 350Z 2007 has an issue. Trouble codes...
254qi
Power window goes down, but not up
The driver's side window on my 98 Chevy Venture would...
hardlyclever
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™