Ancona Rapido Chef II Range Hoods @Costco Canada

chadw01February 9, 2014

Anyone use this on their gas range?

http://www.costco.ca/Ancona-Rapido-Chef-II-Range-Hoods,-Wall-Mounted.product.10395646.html

900 CFM for a 30" at $650 with Costco's return policy is hard to beat.

Would be using it with a 30" Blue Star RCS.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Duvel

I hope they work well! I ordered the 36" to go with the 36" NXR range. I'll try to let everyone know what I think once they are installed. Still waiting on the range to arrive.

Bookmark   February 10, 2014 at 8:33AM
EpicureEmily

I am thinking about ordering this for my Bluestar...any reviews? though, with Costco's return policy, it's hard to beat!
(they're also selling it on the US site)

Bookmark   February 27, 2014 at 12:49AM
PRO
trevorlawson

IMO ..... not deep enough for a pro range, ESPECIALLY A BLUESTAR.

Poor capture area due to the depth of only 20", capture area reduced even more by the light fitting depth , noisy tight baffles,

Bookmark   February 27, 2014 at 10:38AM
chadw01

How deep does it have to be for a pro range? And what would you recommend, if not this one?

Bookmark   February 28, 2014 at 10:08PM
PRO
trevorlawson

You want at least 24" .... 27" would be better. for my money 20" would be a disaster

Bookmark   March 1, 2014 at 8:46AM
chadw01

Any specific brand/model recommendations?

Also, can a 36" hood go over a 30" range without looking ridiculous or being overkill?

Bookmark   March 3, 2014 at 12:17PM
PRO
trevorlawson

A 36" hood would work better for sure, further I don't think it would look out of place at all or be overkill.

It would be wrong of me to recommend a brand.

Bookmark   March 3, 2014 at 12:25PM
chadw01

The 36" Ancona on the Costco site is stated as 20" also - finding it difficult to find a > 24" depth 30" hood (or 36" for that matter) at a reasonable cost. Found a Broan/Best K42 hood for $2000US, but that is way over what I'm willing to spend on a hood.

Would a 30" or 36" hood with 20" depth work, if the hood were installed by my contractors further out from the back wall (lets say, 3-4") instead of buying a deeper hood altogether?

Also, what is the optimal height for this type of range? 30" above cooktop seems to be standardm but I suspect it would also be dependent on the height of the cook.

Bookmark   March 4, 2014 at 9:34AM
feisty68

Any review yet Duvel?

chadw01, I also think it might make a big difference to build out a less expensive hood from the wall to effectively increase the depth. I have read in technical documents that passive features such as flanges, etc do help to improve the capture area of a hood, so I think the same would apply to a residential hood. Kas, in a thread that I started, also thought that that approach also makes sense.

Of course, it turns into a geometry exercise because my husband is 6'2" and a deep hood carries a head-bumping hazard. Going over his head means a really high hood, thus reducing effectiveness. Round and round.

Bookmark   March 17, 2014 at 1:44AM
More Discussions
When should a boiler-warranty start?
We have a dispute with the company, that installed...
doofus
My GC thinks I need 1000 cfm and I think he's crazy
So I actually don't think he's crazy and he's right...
crl_
Increased price for high end appliances
Hi All, Sorry for the long post - I'm getting incredibly...
loveumms
steam damage to cabinets from steam oven or warming drawer?
When we had a kitchenaid dishwasher, the hot moist...
houztongirl
cancer warning on kitchenaid dw
New kitchenaid dishwasher manual has warnings for chemicals...
kickball
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™