replacement parts for antique wood burning cook stove

meandpawDecember 21, 2008

I really need a grate and firewall for my antique copper 6 burner wood burning cookstove so we can begin using this. I have the number on the cookstove. Can anyone help?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
damascusannie

If you google "woodstove parts" you will turn up some sources, but my experience is that it can be very difficult to find replacements. You might be able to contact some stove restoration experts who can advise you on substitutes for the original parts. We have a wood-burning parlor stove for the primary heat source in our home and we also need a new grate for it, but haven't been able to find one. In the meantime, the head from a potato fork is just the right size to bridge the missing section of grate and keep the logs from falling through. Sometimes you do what you have to!

Annie

Bookmark   December 25, 2008 at 11:02PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
justmeandyoukid_att_net

I have 1929 Home Comfort cook stove which belonged to my grandmother. Over the years, the brackets for the towel bar on the back of the stove have been lost. I would also like to replace the liner in the reservoir and the grates in the fire box. Please let me know if you can help me find these parts, it would mean a lot to me. After I'm gone, the stove will be donated to the Historical Society in my grandmother's home town of Central Lake, MI.
Thank you,
Judy Moblo.

Bookmark   April 1, 2011 at 1:58PM
More Discussions
Assistance regarding Lofisa Porcelain
Can anyone shed some light on this piece? I bought...
imaztribabe
Haviland France Limoge Covered Veg. Bowl
I have a lovely Haviland veggie bowl here but I can't...
Llweyn
Mystery Lamp Company
Hello. I am trying to find out information about the...
debragcar
walnut panel
Hi Everyone, I bought this 30" piece at an auction...
sam_md
Help identifying Bowl
I have had this Bowl for some time, i can't seem to...
Dones
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™