Who Buys 150K+ Vehicles?

candlerFebruary 12, 2010

First of all I'm not trying to be insulting or smart. I just want to know how people are able to sell these vehicles.

My 1996 Blazer will be turning 125K in a week or so. I'm looking for a newer and lesser mileage 4WD SUV, and at the best deal I can find. I've been reading the local newspaper and free shoppers like Craiglist. I couldn't believe dealers and private sellers have so many 5-10 year old vehicles with 150K+ miles at fairly high prices. How do they sell them and who do they sell them to? Thanks, Gene

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jemdandy

Perhaps you are looking at the asking price, not the actual sold price.

Bookmark   February 13, 2010 at 2:34AM
gary__

Who Buys 150K+ Vehicles? People who don't have $30k for a new one. Why else.

Bookmark   February 13, 2010 at 1:07PM
bonebloodyidle

Years ago when I was on a fairly low wage, and the family was young and demanding, I had to cut my cloth accordingly. When I needed a car I'd see many high mileage examples before coming across a genuine gem. Of course the screen price was never what I paid. You never do. If the vendor won't negotiate you just get up and bugger off, someone else will negotiate. Some say I'm a cheeky fecker, looking for a discount on everything. But if you don't ask you don't get. A fiver off each tyre when changing all four at once is a free crate of beer or a plane ticket home. Now go out and haggle. You can do it.

Bookmark   February 15, 2010 at 7:01PM
johndeere

I know what your saying about these 150,000 mile vehicals with big price tags.It is ridiculous what there asking.I believe in haggeling and do pretty well at it.But if there asking $8000.00 or $6000.00 or $4000.00 for a $1500.00 vehical just what is the use in trying to haggle.

I see it all the time and to me if it has 150,000 miles its a $1500.00 vehical.I dont care what it is its a beater in my book.Hard to except if its a $40,000 vehical new.But just does not matter to me its a beater.

Bookmark   February 25, 2010 at 4:18PM
candler

I appreciate your replies. I decided to look at few used car lots. The one yesterday had 20 to 30 nice looking SUV's. Only two had less than 100K miles. I guess new/used dealers might have more lower mileage ones. The idea of spending bucks on my 1996 Blazer looks better all of the time. Regards, Gene

Bookmark   March 7, 2010 at 9:32AM
pooks1976

Interesting question. I donÂt know why people would spend a bunch of money on a vehicle with 150k+, but with some vehicles I can see why people would buy them for significantly less than a vehicle with less mileage. My experience with cars has been that if the mileage was put on quickly, highway miles, the car can last a long time. That was my experience with Honda. I sold it at 250K for 1,100. The kid who bought it was going to put a new engine in it.

That brings me to my second point. Many people who buy cars with a lot of miles are mechanics or at least mechanically inclined. I am looking for a pick up at the moment. My husband was a mechanic. He can fix anything. This truck wonÂt be used much, about 2,000 miles a year.

Bookmark   March 12, 2010 at 10:12AM
More Discussions
1992 Chevy Truck 1500 running BAD!
About 2 1/2 years ago my truck was running bad, had...
arkansas_girl
too much pressure in cooling system
I have a 95 sable that lost heat about a year ago....
anggi821
Tire Question
I have a 2007 Honda Ridgeline with 13,000 miles (yes,...
momrox4
pump keeps stopping when trying to fill gas tank
Hi! Can someone give me a clue what might be suddenly...
twinklenose
want to purchase new Car
Hi guys .i want to purchase new car but I am confused..need...
Bill Payday
Sponsored Products
Possini Euro Design Satin Steel Slim Gourd Table Lamp
Euro Style Lighting
Elk Lighting Piccadilly Tray Table - Ebony - 6042198
$238.00 | Hayneedle
Whitman Cherry Bronze 54-Inch Ceiling Fan
$439.00 | Bellacor
Ocean Handblown Glass Table Lamp
$119.99 | zulily
KOHLER Bathroom Wellworth Pedestal in Almond brown K-2019-47
Home Depot