Highlander vs. Pilot

oceangirlmeFebruary 24, 2009

My 1997 Saab 9000 with 145k miles needs a new alternator and 2 new axles. We've decided to buy a new to us car. We're looking at either the Highlander or Pilot, 2005 - 2008, 4WD with a maximum of 45k miles. From the research that I have done, there seems to be few cons for either car.

Any opinions either way on either car? Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
seattlemike

When shopping for a replacement vehicle back in 2005, our test drives included both the Highlander and Pilot. You can't go wrong with either as both are top notch. The Highlander seemed quite a bit quieter on the road, but other than that, it was a toss-up. Budget considerations (initial price and operational costs) steered us away from a SUV and we eventually decided on a Camry. If we had decided on a SUV, we probably would have gone with the Highlander, but again, it was a very close call. I think the Highlander was redesigned recently; not sure about the Pilot. Good luck!

Bookmark   February 26, 2009 at 12:08AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
john_g

Both are very nice cars, I have several regular customers who own these vehicles that I see on a regular basis. Best advice is make sure the one you pick has all of the options that you want from the factory, stay away from add-ons.

Bookmark   February 26, 2009 at 7:34AM
More Discussions
Problem with remote starter
I had a remote starter (AS-1780) installed on my 2014...
coryL
Cost to replace a 99 Buick head Gasket
My grandson 99 Buick blew a head gasket after the thermostat...
iggie
99' Blazer won't start when it's cold!
I would love to talk to John_G. I read some responses...
fastedy
Honda Accord 2014 or 2013 navigation
I'm looking at a 2014 Accord and wondering whether...
maryann0625
Car suddenly accelerats
This morning my wife was driving our 2013 Chrysler...
Dana015
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™