Horn quit working and Lights won't turn off.

sweetsin76February 8, 2007

I have a 1997 Ford Explorer XLT 4x4. A couple of weeks ago, my horn quit working and my blinkers started to make a funny squeeling noise. Last night, I got home and my headlights wouldn't turn off, even though I turned the switch to off. I finally had to take out the maxi 8 fuse (basttery saver relay and headlamp relay)so that I wouldn't kill the battery. I don't know if the horn and lights are from the same problem but thought I would ask. I do not have daytime running lights, a security system, and do not have any leakage. I have been able to drive without the fuse in and still have brake lights, blinkers, and headlights; which is wierd to me. I just don't have interior lights or power windows yet the stereo works and now my four wheel drive light is flashing but not my check engine light. Does anyone know what could be wrong?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
john999

I think it might be that the connector to the horn has come off (this is not that unusual).
If the interior lights are connected in series with the horn, they would go as well.

The horn connector is found sometimes in the horn pad, or in the dash just under the instruments, or within the steering column cover.

Bookmark   February 21, 2007 at 7:48PM
More Discussions
Nissan 350Z P1757
My car Nissan 350Z 2007 has an issue. Trouble codes...
254qi
Consumer reports
I can't find a Consumer Reports Used car buying guide....
evaf555
1992 Chevy Truck 1500 running BAD!
About 2 1/2 years ago my truck was running bad, had...
arkansas_girl
Honda Accord 2014 or 2013 navigation
I'm looking at a 2014 Accord and wondering whether...
maryann0625
99' Blazer won't start when it's cold!
I would love to talk to John_G. I read some responses...
fastedy
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™