DW next to Fridge

catlover5February 20, 2012

Hello. Can anyone tell me if a piece is required between DW and fridge to support countertop when using fridge surround? Countertop will be granite or quartz. Wall is 101 inches and if it matters, the layout of this wall is 39 in angle sink base w/ undermount sink, 15 inch 4db, 18 in dw, 24 in fridge, 3 in filler and wall. We were not using a 3 inch filler initially and going with an 18 in 4db but there is not enough room with the fr surround and dw countertop piece. FR needs 2 inch clearance when placed next to wall and if the wall is shy of 101, we are going to have a problem. Thank you.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
live_wire_oak

Yes, you will need a minimum of a 3/4" solid vertical panel between the DW and fridge plus a ledger at the rear of the DW and a bit of blocking vertically on the back wall to attach the filler piece to. I'd also want a filler piece horizontally (the 3" front to back and the 3/4" dimension showing at the top towards the front) at the 34 1/2" cabinet height connecting the cabinet to the left of the DW with the filler piece. You've got to make it sturdy enough to carry the weight of the stone.

Bookmark   February 20, 2012 at 10:20PM
catlover5

Thanks LWO. Good to know. Should or will the stone guy know this as well? In any event, I have added it to my notes. This changes my layout slightly but better to do things right the FIRST time. Thank you!

Bookmark   February 21, 2012 at 6:44PM
live_wire_oak

This isn't a stone guy thing. This is up to your cabinet installer.

Bookmark   February 21, 2012 at 9:42PM
More Discussions
Appliance Budget -$15k. How to spend?
We have $15k in our appliance allowance. We need a...
dcnatfan
Convection Microwave vs Speed Cook Microwave Help
We are remodeling our basement to include a kitchenette...
Teresa Cooper
cancer warning on kitchenaid dw
New kitchenaid dishwasher manual has warnings for chemicals...
kickball
Food Processor - Old Cuisinart, New Cuisinart, Used Robot Coupe?
I am thinking about getting a Cuisinart food processor. I...
johnliu_gw
Wolf porcelain chipping on new ovens
Argggggg!!!! New wolf E series ovens, purchased and...
jackson2348
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™