old collection of car emblems-pictures

angeldogFebruary 12, 2009

My 85 year old father bought a house with a shed and this collection of old car emblems inside the shed. Does anyone know if these are collectible, valuable, etc?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bill_h

put em on graigs list, someone will want them

Bookmark   February 13, 2009 at 2:55AM
angeldog

I wouldn't have any idea what to list them for. Does anyone have a ballpark figure?

Bookmark   February 13, 2009 at 8:46AM
john_g

Hate to dissapoint you, but they really are very unlikely to carry any significant value. Best advice is if you want to sell them, take the best offer you can get. It is easy to go onto e-bay and find everyone of these, although many of the ones you find on e-bay are still in packages, unused. Its typical for them to sell for 10-15% of the original value when new.

Bookmark   February 13, 2009 at 10:52AM
angeldog

John..thank you for the insight. Maybe I'll just post the whole lot on Ebay and see what it brings.

Bookmark   February 13, 2009 at 11:13AM
jemdandy

you might be able to pedal these at "old farm equipment" shows, or "classic car shows". Visit these shows to get an idea of the going price. If you know of an association of old farm equipemt, contact them; Let them know that you have these emblems and would be willing to part with them at the right price.

Bookmark   February 13, 2009 at 5:31PM
dazzle59

Hey angeldog, we are restoring a 1970 Ford Galaxie 500 Fastback and have been looking all over for the correct Galaxie 500 emblem (top right of the first photo). So for us this emblem is valuable! Would you be willing to sell it to us? Thanks - dazzle59

Bookmark   February 28, 2009 at 9:37PM
jbuilder

post it on ebay and email the editor at jalopnik.com -- they love these old badges and will probably promote it for you.

Bookmark   March 3, 2009 at 10:28AM
bonebloodyidle

The sentimental value may be worth far more than the monetary value. Maybe find out who previously owned the shed, if they are no longer in this world have they relatives who may want to keep these? Otherwise they are little more than junk unless you find a collector, which I can say from experience of selling such items on ebay is not always easy.

Bookmark   March 5, 2009 at 7:11PM
More Discussions
99' Blazer won't start when it's cold!
I would love to talk to John_G. I read some responses...
fastedy
Consumer reports
I can't find a Consumer Reports Used car buying guide....
evaf555
2004 Madza Tribute Catalytic converters
My daughters 2004 Tribute would not accelerate and...
good36
Problem with remote starter
I had a remote starter (AS-1780) installed on my 2014...
coryL
Car accelerating on its own
Hi! First time poster here and am sure hoping you can...
twinklenose
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™