Must Be A mistake

iggieJanuary 29, 2010

Noticed Honda also has a big recall along with Toyota, however, this has to be a mistake, nothing ever happens to Japanese cars all run 300K with no repairs needed

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
homebound

Yes, and Mac computers never have any problems whatsoever.

Bookmark   January 30, 2010 at 8:36AM
airforceguy

Will be interesting to see how the public takes this! Me,will only buy Honda. Toyota, and would consider Nissan! Never had a problem with the Acura Integras I owned, only reason why I traded them in was for selfish reason and got hit from behind which the police estimated the kid was doing 60 KM/per/hr and walked away from it. Plus my wifes 98 Camry is running good as new, so is our 2005 Scion

Funny thing is I convinced my parents to buy a 2009 Venza,which they love. They bragged about it soo much my inlaws bought a 2009 Venza!! And of course this recall happens! Do I look suspicious or what? lol They are both still very happy with their purchase, and not regretting it. They are happy Toyota has stepped up to the plate and is going to fix the problem

As well must mention that my parents normally bought Ford or dodge and they rarely ever had a problem! They are not ones to drive their vehicles hard and they take care of their vehicles! I think thats the biggest part for a vehicle to last--doing the up keep!! I have friends that state their vehicles (various makes) are junk------Well they drive them to the ground and do very little upkeep, so what do they expect??

Bookmark   January 30, 2010 at 7:11PM
bill_h

go with hyundai, puts honda, and toyota to shame.

Bookmark   February 6, 2010 at 6:40PM
stir_fryi

Fords quality is on par (or maybe better now) than Toyota.

Bookmark   February 7, 2010 at 6:54PM
bonebloodyidle

At least Toyota have taken the bull by the horns and issued the recall notice. If only Ford did likewise so soon with the Pinto. In time I can see Toyota coming out of this smelling of roses. I still wouldn't buy one. Or a Honda. Or a Hyundai. I have had several cars from Asian manufacturers in the past. They may be safe and reliable, and value for money to buy. But holy cow are spares expensive! EUR 80 for a set of Nissan Micra plug leads. EUR 90 for a Daewoo Lanos crankcase breather hose (there was an airflow sensor that was an integral part of the hose rather than a seperate item). GM spares are a fraction of the cost and nowadays anyway the cars don't seem any less reliable.

Bookmark   February 10, 2010 at 7:00PM
iggie

very true about parts for lots of imported stuff, my granson bought a toyota and the ignition module shot craps, nearly 5 bills for a new one. He was fortunate, found one on Ebay for $100.

Bookmark   February 20, 2010 at 3:28AM
More Discussions
Tire Question
I have a 2007 Honda Ridgeline with 13,000 miles (yes,...
momrox4
Nissan 350Z P1757
My car Nissan 350Z 2007 has an issue. Trouble codes...
254qi
Running rich?
01 Taurus, Vulcan motor.owned for 4 months. Ran ok...
stoveguyy
Car accelerating on its own
Hi! First time poster here and am sure hoping you can...
twinklenose
Blown tire on a dying car........
Well, in my other post I talked about how my transmission...
catherinet
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™