German Hutschenreuther Selb Horseman

joshaaronhDecember 19, 2010

I have a bunch of Hummel figurines and other porcelain figurines that were my grandfathers before he passed away. One of them stands out from the rest. It is a horseman with an "Hutschenreuther Selb" imprint on the bottom of it. It is in mint condition, no cracks or anything of that sort and has been in the same china cabinet for as long as I can remember. My grandfather did not tell me much about this piece, however I know that it was purchased by my grandparents in Germany in 1963 for 623 marks as I have the receipt from when they bought it. I tried doing some research on this figurine, but I could not find anything about this specific piece. I did find some information on the manufacturer, but nothing specifically about the piece that I have. I have taken a few pictures with my camera. Hopefully, someone knows something about this piece. Thanks!

To view the pictures, go here:

http://s1021.photobucket.com/albums/af335/jaaronh/Horseman%20Figurine/?albumview=slideshow

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lindac

I have a fair amount of porcelain with that same mark...ranson plates, a whole set of gold rimmed china etc.
As far as I know that mark dates from about the turn of the century...maybe as late as the 30's.
I haven't looked it up recently...I might suggest you google and see what you can find.
I think it's a stunning piece.....and I don't believe it was new when your grandfather bought it.
Linda C

Bookmark   December 19, 2010 at 8:03PM
Fori is not pleased

On a guess I googled "Lipizzaner figurine" and got this:

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/vintage-german-porcelain-lipizzaner-figurine

Bookmark   December 19, 2010 at 9:49PM
jqawmn_aol_com

I tried to continue the previous message and couldn't. Please tell me about this porcelain figure described in my previous message. thank you.

Bookmark   April 29, 2011 at 5:45PM
More Discussions
W H Grindley Satin White
Can someone help me to identify the pattern? The stamp...
TulipWoolf
Vase no marks new or old ?
I have this vase with no mark at bottom, it's real...
Dones
Can anyone identify this nightstand?
This nightstand was my grandmas and was given to me...
Michael Potter
What is this?
Picked up at a thrift store. Any ideas?
CathyChex
Book with stamp.
Have some one seen this book stamp on a book ? and...
Dones
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™