how do I post a photo??????

Pam5091December 18, 2010

I can't find anything in the instructions that tells you how to post a photo

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Cassandra

Hi Pam,
In order to post a photo, it has to "live" somewhere on the web (ie. not just be on your computer). What internet photo hosting site do you use? I use photobucket but I assume other photo sites are similar. Once your photos are on the web at a host site, you can start a message on this site, then open your photo site and copy the photo you want, then move back to this site and press paste. So it is just a copy-and-paste function once you have your photos uploaded. Hope this helps.

Bookmark   December 20, 2010 at 2:56PM
jemdandy

A few of the forums on Garden Web do allow one to post a photo. The "Kitchen Table" does not. As explained by the poster above, this forum provides a place to store a link to an image file that resides somewhere else on the internet.

But that is not all bad. The forums in Garden Web that permit images limits the file size to 60 K bytes. That is barely enough to display low level photos, enough for you to get an impression of what the picture is about, but not enough to show a high quality picture of any size. That limitation disappears for linking to an external site where an image is stored. Any limitation therein is set by the arrangement between you and the external site such as "Photobucket".

Bookmark   December 22, 2010 at 3:37AM
jemdandy

Ooops! In my prior post, I mentioned "Kitchen Table" when it should have been "Antiques and Collectibles". However, both of these operate the same way for posting an image.

Bookmark   December 22, 2010 at 3:42AM
More Discussions
Need help with Collection Francaise Lamps
Hi, I am trying to find out some information about...
susan0830
Not sure what it is
Would like to restore this piece. Not sure of the age...
Hanna
Ideas about this vase/bottle?
Hello! I recently discovered this great forum and am...
party_music50
ID of stone in this candlestick? Rare or common?
Two questions. First, what kind of stone is this? Second,...
bradleyd_svh
Sponsored Products
Medford Lakes 1Lt Outdoor Post Lantern Statua
PLFixtures
Green Glass Bottle Lamp
$139.99 | Dot & Bo
VIG Furniture - Divani Casa Cinema Modern Brown Fabric Sectional...
Great Furniture Deal
Station Square Collection 19 1/2" High Outdoor Post Light
Lamps Plus
Feiss Castle 28 1/4" High Outdoor Post Light
Lamps Plus
Kraus KHU100-30-KPF2121-SD20 Single Basin Undermount Kitchen Sink with Faucet Mu
$589.95 | Hayneedle
Poeme Brown and Red Runner: 2 Ft. 6 In. x 12 Ft. Rug
$417.00 | Bellacor
Cherry Crescent End Table
$59.99 | zulily
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™