Kenmore Fridge with Grab-n-go - anybody have feedback?

ladydredreFebruary 7, 2012

I saw this refrigerator at sears the other day and really liked the idea of the 'grab-n-go' mini door - does anyone have any feedback on this model or any model with this feature, or kenmore in general? We are doing a full kitchen remodel and like many I am a little confused at the start of my search. Thanks!

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_04672063000P?prdNo=5&blockNo=5&blockType=G5

Here is a link that might be useful: Kenmore Elite 31 cu. ft. French-Door Bottom-Freezer Refrigerator, Stainless Steel

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ladydredre

here's a (pretty lengthy) video i found also that shows what the grab n go thing is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAc8pss3R4Y

Here is a link that might be useful: video showing the grab n go feature

Bookmark   February 7, 2012 at 7:28PM
annsch

I have a kenmore elite Model # 795.7103. Have had it about 6 months and love it. We had side by side before and never had enought freezer space now we have tons. Like everything about it.

Bookmark   February 16, 2012 at 6:29PM
mydreamhome

Check with your Sears sales person and find out which manufacturer makes this refrigerator for Kenmore--usually it's Whirlpool, Samsung or LG. Then you can better narrow down how the appliance will perform based on the manufacturer's other refrigerators. Also check to make sure you don't have to open the refrigerator doors to get anything bigger than 6" out of the freezer compartment. It looks cool, but really, what is the advantage--you're still opening the door to get something out. What is the upcharge for this grab n go vs. the same refrigerator without it?

Bookmark   February 16, 2012 at 8:26PM
weedmeister

I remembber sxs fridges that had this same kind of feature. There issue was that the extra hole was not very energy efficient.

Bookmark   February 16, 2012 at 11:22PM
christine40

That feature is really cool! But the video made me laugh, does she really spend all day in a dress and heels in the kitchen! :)

Bookmark   February 17, 2012 at 9:43AM
More Discussions
24' Appliances: Liebherr or Fagor?? Bertazzoni or other?
Can anyone weigh in on small space appliances? While...
petersen
How to decide on refrigeration? High versus low end.
We are a family of 4 with growing kids; cook almost...
acaba
Water Pooling on Bottom of Refrigerator and Leaking
Hi: I have a Kenmore Pro 48 inch side by side Refrigerator....
Rob Fleming
Dishwasher with cutlery tray and heated dry?
I seem to be coming up fairly empty handed with these...
tigger9759
Ordered my BlueStar!
I ordered and paid my deposit on my BlueStar on Saturday....
Debbi Branka
Sponsored Products
Arteriors Home - Kenmore Cabinet - 6978
Great Furniture Deal
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™