ventilation for 48' bluestar range top

julcarrFebruary 5, 2012

I purchased a 48" bluestar range top with a 52" wolf vent liner insert with remote blower 1200 cfm. Since the rangetop is on a outside wall I would like to vent out the wall vs. the roof. I have 10' ceilings. Would I be jeopardizing the suction if I went straight out or do I have to run the vent up the 10' ceiling and then elbow 90 degrees to the outside wall. I get really concerned about roof installation due to weakage issues. Also the vent hood insert is 22" deep is that deep enough or does it have to come out further to capture the high 22K btu front burners.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
a2gemini

julcarr
I can't answer all of your questions - but a 1200 cfm will be very noisy if vented directly out the back.
If you can put the fan remotely, it will be quieter. I will defer to others on your other questions.
Also, check you local codes on make up air handling....
Interesting, I never heard of BlueStar until recently - and it is made in my home town....
Small world..

Bookmark   February 5, 2012 at 7:37PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
billy_g

I suggest you make the vent hood 27 inches deep. They can add some stainless sheet metal to do this. 22 inches is not deep enough for this range.

Billy

Bookmark   February 5, 2012 at 11:08PM
More Discussions
steam oven instead of a warming drawer?
So, I have decided to get a tiny cheap microwave instead...
Dietitian
Downdraft for Island
I've decided to get the Bosch Flex Induction cooktop...
comom27
Lacanche-beautiful but how functional?
I am very tempted to splurge on a Lacanche for our...
mbwestfall
Flimsy dishwasher!
I have to admit that I have never heard of most of...
grapefruit1_ar
cancer warning on kitchenaid dw
New kitchenaid dishwasher manual has warnings for chemicals...
kickball
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™