Opel motor

stoveguyyJanuary 30, 2013

My Saturn vue has 3.0 v6. Many folks refer to it as Saab motor. Since they use it too. Used in caddy catera which is a rebadged Opel. So perhaps it is really an Opel motor which is used in stabs, saturns, catera's and even some opels?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
john999

Apparently a Honda engine :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saturn_Vue

Bookmark   February 20, 2013 at 10:58PM
bonebloodyidle

Saab was owned by GM. GM own Vauxhall, Opel, Chevrolet. There were a number of collaborations between Opel and Alfa Romeo that may have filtered back. I hope not though for your sake. My Opel Vectra has given a lot of trouble, every part that was the source of that trouble had "Made in Italy" stamped on it.

Liken it to a picnic where the Germans (Opel) and the Italians (Alfa Romeo) work together. Ideally you want the fine cuisine of the Italians, but the Germans must make the picnic hamper so the handles don't fall off. Well in the case of the Vectra, which was sold as the Saturn Aura in your climate, the Germans did the food so all you got in that department was pickled cabbage, and the Italians made the hamper so all the handles dropped off. It all ends up in a very sorry state indeed.

Bookmark   February 23, 2013 at 8:44PM
stoveguyy

the 3.0 is a opel motor. the 3.5 is a honda motor. the local saturn dealer closed and a VW dealer moved in. kept most of the techs and they know how to work on most foreign ohc motors and they have experience on this motor. they said they can do the timing belt service which is now due.

Bookmark   March 4, 2013 at 11:14AM
More Discussions
Nissan 350Z P1757
My car Nissan 350Z 2007 has an issue. Trouble codes...
254qi
Car
Need AWD Dodge Magnum RT
1stjfpintor
Running rich?
01 Taurus, Vulcan motor.owned for 4 months. Ran ok...
stoveguyy
99' Blazer won't start when it's cold!
I would love to talk to John_G. I read some responses...
fastedy
1992 Chevy Truck 1500 running BAD!
About 2 1/2 years ago my truck was running bad, had...
arkansas_girl
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™