1994 Toyota Tercel air bag light

kathy813January 20, 2008

I bought this car thru a private sale and they don't know why the red air bag light won't go off. I don't have the owner's manual. Anyone else have this problem? I think that this means my airbag is no good. Any help is appreciated. I cannot afford to take it to a garage.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
john_g

The lamp staying on is indicating there is a problem with the airbag system. This system is diagnosed with the use of a scan tool, and ideally the factory scan tool which is the Vetronix Mastertech with the Toyota software. Some aftermarket scan tools will access the system, but there can be holes in the tools software support for that system that could make it more difficult for the technician.

Bookmark   January 20, 2008 at 1:36PM
kathy813

Thanks so much for the answer. That is what I thought but needed someone else to say it.

Bookmark   January 20, 2008 at 1:54PM
johndeere

I have a 1994 Buick Reagal that has the air bag light on.I bought it that way 3 years ago.I never noticed the piece of black tape covering it up.Until the black tape started to curl.The fix was a new piece of black tape.

Bookmark   January 31, 2008 at 12:48PM
bonebloodyidle

My dad over in the UK has a 2002 Vauxhall Astra. Last year the airbag warning light came on so he took it back to the dealer. Turns out there is a sensor under the seat to tell the car which seat(s) are occupied so airbags do not deploy if there is nobody sat there to benefit from them. There was a loose connection under the front passenger seat so the cpu was getting no feed from that location, hence illumination of the warning light. The dealer cleaned the spade connector concerned which fixed the problem and did not even raise a charge for doing this.

Bookmark   February 27, 2008 at 7:54PM
More Discussions
Tire Question
I have a 2007 Honda Ridgeline with 13,000 miles (yes,...
momrox4
Honda Odyssey 2005 EX-L Fire
Hi All, My Honda Odyssey 2005 EX-L recently totaled...
mhs21
Lexus vs Toyota Avalon
OK guys, here is another one for you. (I apologize...
Lynne_SJO
Car
Need AWD Dodge Magnum RT
1stjfpintor
Cost to Replace Car Battery?
DH took our 2005 Jaguar X-Type into the dealer for...
chisue
Sponsored Products
Inval Four Drawer File/ Storage Cabinet with Locking System
Overstock.com
Red Lotus Grid Tiffany Floor Lamp
ParrotUncle
BEGA | LED Garden and Pathway Bollard - 7237/7238
$355.00 | YLighting
Christopher Kashan Hand-tufted Light Blue Rug (9' x 12')
Overstock.com
Kenroy Home Wall Mounted Burst 1-Light 12 in. Large Round Black Wall Sconce
Home Depot
Fisher-Price Ford Super Duty Truck Riding Push Toy - W8674
$45.99 | Hayneedle
Bronze Perforated Hanging Pendant Lamp
Cost Plus World Market
Continental Classics 4-Light Chandelier
$799.00 | FRONTGATE
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™