Rare...Beautiful Triple Server

valmont325December 17, 2012

Any information on this? We got this item in a while ago and still cant find any info on this. It is what we believe a triple Hot Beverage Server. it has a metal Heating rod element underneath. Oh and the White jugs are very LONG and heavy. No marks anywhere to indicate anything. It is so amazing.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
powermuffin

I can't help you. Just wanted to say that that is a very cool piece of equipment!
Diane

Bookmark   December 17, 2012 at 3:38PM
valmont325

haha, thanks....Selling it for $595.00 You can have it for $594.00 =)

Bookmark   December 17, 2012 at 4:14PM
lazy_gardens

What's in the tank under the pitchers? Is that a water reservoir with a tap for filling the pitchers? If so, it would be something used to take hot water to guests for their wash basins.

You ring and the maid fills a pitcher and delivers it to you. She comes back later and empties the slops.

Bookmark   December 18, 2012 at 9:23AM
sam_md

The bottom part reminds me of the old copper wash boilers which were used to heat water for bathing and laundry etc. Perhaps this is a version of those.

Bookmark   December 18, 2012 at 8:04PM
valmont325

The very very bottom part has a long metal rod...aka..a heating element. the part above it is hollow except it houses the rest of the jugs(as i said they are long) Could probally have been filled with water and the jugs sat in water? and possibly would have worked if it was filled with ice....would have kept whatever was in the jugs cold.

Bookmark   December 19, 2012 at 11:01PM
lazy_gardens

OK ... for whatever was in the jugs, it's to keep them at hot or warm temperature.

If you had the jugs surrounded with water they would drip all over when you tried to pour, so it might have been in a kitchen or dish-up area for waiters to use.

Bookmark   December 21, 2012 at 2:27PM
More Discussions
walnut panel
Hi Everyone, I bought this 30" piece at an auction...
sam_md
Need Help to ID Native American Jewelry Bracelet
I picked this up at local garage sale and thought it...
devincu
Haviland France Limoge Covered Veg. Bowl
I have a lovely Haviland veggie bowl here but I can't...
Llweyn
Three crown stamp on fork: Swedish or U.S.?
Any idea on the age or authenticity of this brass fork...
bradleyd_svh
Any Idea what this item could be?
Simply put I have zero idea what this could be, It...
mikerond
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™