Wolf, Blue Star, Miele, Bosch, or Thermador

mara11February 4, 2013

We're remodeling our kitchen and are considering some combination of Sub Zero/Wolf, Blue Star, Thermador, Miele, and Bosch for the following suite of appliances -

36" Gas Cooktop (preference for more burners with higher btu burners)

30" Double Wall Ovens

Microwave Drawer

36" Integrated Ref/Bottom Freezer (leaning toward french door)

Panel Ready Dishwasher

Also, we'd like a built-in kegorator (Beer Dispenser) - for this I've looked at Summit, but any advice is welcome.

We cook and entertain a lot and want hard working appliances that will last, but design is also very important to us - the kitchen will have sleek modern cabinetry so we prefer clean lines and we'd prefer to have as much integrated into the cabinetry as possible.

Any suggestions and personal experience would be welcome, especially for those who have purchased appliances in the last few years.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Whit461

We also are just starting our remodel, and entertain a lot. Partly due to some great deals on purchase price we got from a local dealer, we have so far gone with GE Monogram pro DF range, GE Advantium wall Oven (240V 30") and will try to grab a deal on Bosch DW. 500 series if we can't get a deal on an 800 series. You're on your own for the kegorator. Good luck and post what you do.

Bookmark   February 4, 2013 at 8:57PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
redoingit

We love our Miele paneled DW. It is super quiet, and I love the cutlery tray and interior organization. Truly integrated into cabinetry with concelaed mechanics when door is closed. I love my Wolf DF range, and I believe the sealed burner rangetop is similar to mine. It has plenty of BTU's for what we do, and I am an avid cook/baker. I use the small burner alot (about 325 BTU)and it is a very nice feature with a pot on all day. Like you, I purchased my appliances a la carte so I could focus on the best of each, rather than a common brand. Almost 7 years later, and they are all working great! Good luck.

Bookmark   February 5, 2013 at 6:45AM
More Discussions
Help installing power cord to 48inch dual wolf range
I'm trying to install the power cord, not sure how...
rubyrashel
essentials you can't live without in your front load washing machine?
I am trying to purchase a new washing machine for our...
abick2
Dual Fuel Slide in Range Recommendations
I am looking to replace my 12 year old jenn air slide...
stp92x
Getting the most out of Miele Masterchef?
Probably a dumb question... There are a lot of different...
schicksal
Sealed vs Open Gas Burners
What's the difference between sealed gas burners and...
cbarkston
Sponsored Products
Bolla Pendant
Lightology
Safavieh Hand-woven Reversible Multicolor Braided Rug (8' Round)
Overstock.com
Arturo Alvarez | Iki Pendant Light
YLighting
Blue Scalloped Sheet Set- Twin
Crane and Canopy
Blue and Purple 13 Inch LED Plastic Wall Clock
$22.95 | Bellacor
Anna G. Corkscrew by Alessi
$67.00 | Lumens
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™