Zephyr Venezia Hood

swimmanFebruary 27, 2013

Getting closer to finalizing my kitchen equipment. Have decided on a Bluestar 36" 6-burner rangetop and want to pair it with a Zephyr 42" Venezia hood. Does anyone have this hood and if so, can you provide your opinions on the unit? It's seems to be about perfect for our needs but the only item I am unsure about are the mesh filters (I originally wanted baffles). Thoughts?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rnest44

I have had this Venezia hood installed for 2 years now. Mine is a 30" over a 30" DF Wolf range. It functions well and I love the lighting it provides. My counters on the range run are 28 1/2" deep so I wanted a deeper hood. My kitchen is part of a great room set-up and I have seating at the island across the aisle.

I have no problem with the mesh filters and I too thought I would prefer baffles. They pop in and out easily and are easy to clean. We use almost no oil and don't prepare red meat or pork in our cooking. It's mostly steam from vegetables, homemade soups, and eggs that is quickly absorbed through the hood.

My one warning about this hood is the noise produced above the level 3 setting. I use a setting above three once a year when I make potato pancakes. I generally run it at level 2 or 3. We can carry on a conversation at our island and have the hood on level 1. We can watch TV (at normal volume) across the great room at level 2. We are sitting about 13' from the hood.

Overall, I am happy with the purchase. It looks good, is well-made and the stainless is not difficult to keep dust and grime free. It functions well for our family.

Bookmark   March 1, 2013 at 9:44AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
swimman

Owls - Thanks for the information. I'm going to take a look at the hood at a local kitchen store.

We'll probably have more grease/oil running through the hood in our home although with my wife and son being vegetarians, probably not too much. As well, we make latkes once in a while and we all know how much smoke and aerated grease can be caused by that action!!

Too bad regarding the noise level although the higher settings may not be used that often. That's why I need to check it out. I'm hoping it fits the bill as I don't want to spend any more on a hood.

Bookmark   March 1, 2013 at 10:41AM
More Discussions
Bosch 36 Flexinduction Cooktop - Anyone Have a User Review
I have purchased the new 36" bosch Flexinduction,...
marcmargolis926
Wall oven caution - IKEA/Nutid/Datid/Whirlpool
This post is meant to steer people away from IKEA Nutid,...
detroit_burb
Bluestar Platinum Owners - How is your Range
How is it to use the grill and griddle? ie ease of...
dzaner
Does Wolf M-Series Double Oven come with Temperature Probe?
If yes, great. If not, does anyone know how much the...
wcutiew
New Bluestar elec wall oven vs New Viking french door wall oven
Has anyone had a chance to use either the New BlueStar...
sherry0117
Sponsored Products
Indoor Fan and Light Kit: Yosemite Home Decor Royale 52 in. Hugger Brushed Nicke
Home Depot
Outdoor Fan and Light Kit: Illumine Non-Lit 52 in. Outdoor Aged Pecan Ceiling Fa
Home Depot
Indoor Ceiling Fans: Illumine 52 in. Oil Rubbed Bronze Non-Light Ceiling Fan CLI
Home Depot
54" Savoy House Zephyr Mercury Black Finish Ceiling Fan
Lamps Plus
Illumine Lighting Shades Ceiling Fan Opal Glass Shade Opal white CLI-CONG-8
$11.00 | Home Depot
Outdoor Fan: Illumine Non-Lit 52 in. Outdoor Oil Rubbed Bronze Ceiling Fan CLI-C
Home Depot
Indoor Ceiling Fans: Illumine Zephyr 52 in. Indoor Oil Rubbed Bronze Ceiling Fan
Home Depot
Upton Home Zephyr TV and Media Stand
Overstock.com
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™