Master Bath Layout Ideas?

JSpannFebruary 1, 2014

Anyone have any suggestions on how to make this bathroom better? It needs TLC, but I am at a loss.

One other thought: is it a huge no-no to get rid of the tub in the master? Not sure how much we'd use it... but will it kill resale?

Thanks for any help/input!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
raehelen

For resale value if that's your primary concern, I would contact a couple of your local real estate agents and see what they think. Every area is different, and it would depend on your target market. I think the standard feeling is that a home should have at least one bath tub. If this is the only tub in the house then yes it could definitely affect resale.

If you have another tub somewhere else, then I would lengthen the shower and extend the vanity. You could even put a linen tower for additional storage at one end of vanity. (Trying to find a 10.5' length of granite could be hard).

Bookmark   February 1, 2014 at 5:24PM
debrak2008

We put a standard size whirlpool tub in our master. It makes more sense than a huge tub.

Bookmark   February 1, 2014 at 5:29PM
JSpann

We will have two other tubs in the house... and resale value isnt a HUGE concern, so I think we will rule out the tub.

Do you think it'd be preferable to have the sinks on the far right wall so the light is behind them rather than to the side?
... but then I have no idea where I'd stick the toilet. :-/

Bookmark   February 2, 2014 at 10:03PM
Skyangel23

New builds in our mid-range subdivision in Florida are going sans tub in the master bathroom. I think people care more about a really nice shower!

Bookmark   February 2, 2014 at 10:10PM
raehelen

I would place vanities along long wall, and have a linen tower across from toilet. You would have an awesome place for makeup counter between those two windows across from a longer shower.

Contemporary Bathroom by Emeryville Architects & Designers Ohashi Design Studio

Bookmark   February 2, 2014 at 11:08PM
More Discussions
Does anyone know where to sell a brand new vanity
looking to sell locally only and tried craigslist this...
matdrew
40" for double vanity, any suggestions?
Hi, We are remodeling our bathroom and would like a...
rickyk22
Show me pictures of your tile 'rug'
We'd like to do this and are looking for design ideas....
kate38
WWYD - Mosaic tile accents?
Starting to try to figure out some of the decor details...
numbersjunkie
if studs are 16' apart, can i have a 24' medicine cab recessed?
can the builder recess a medicine cabinet wider than...
srg215
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™