Need help for sink selection for wall mounted faucets

ctkathyFebruary 13, 2013

I have Waterworks Easton wall mounted faucets and the spouts reaches about 6 inches from the wall. I want a shallow vessel sink. If the vanity is 25" deep, then what size sink should I look for? It seems like it should be about 18" front to back, right?

I've seen pictures of some vessel sinks and wall mounted faucets and the sinks look like they are pushed way to the back and there is too much counter in front of the sink. I certainly don't want to do that.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Olychick

I put a handblown glass vessel sink in my new bath and after about 9 mo or so it cracked. No one would accept responsibility for it and I wasn't going to pay for another, just to have it crack again. (artist said it was installed too tightly, plumber said it couldn't have been any looser or it would have leaked...yada yada.) Since I'd designed everything in that bath to go with the sink, including the wall mounted faucets, and the original sink was quite shallow and not too large, I had a HECK of a time finding a replacement. But I finally found this one and I love it. I love it more than the original sink because it doesn't show water spots like the glass did. I like that it's only 3.5" deep and can also be installed semi recessed if you need it lower. It's 16.9" in diameter.

Here is the original, so you can see placement. I don't have a photo of the new one in place but will post a retailer pic. Don't know if it might work for you.

My counter is deeper than this one, but I don't remember the depth - not too deep. I can't measure right now but if this interests you, I can measure and take a photo of it in place.

Here is a link that might be useful: Round vessel sink

Bookmark   February 13, 2013 at 8:45PM
More Discussions
Grout experts, Fusion Pro, Kerapoxy, Spectralock, Bostik?
Or Tec Power grout? I'm trying to choose something...
happyallison
Classic looking offset vanity top?
I'm planning out a bathroom remodel for a 1920s Craftsman...
resseger
Anyone installed a Geberit in wall tank?
DH is getting ready to do the install in a 2 x 4 wall,...
numbersjunkie
Need advice on best mirror/sconce option in small master bath
My husband and I are FINALLY renovating our master...
cbusgirl41
Shower glass strong enough to hold towel?
We will be getting semi-frameless glass shower walls....
risforremodel
Sponsored Products
Linen Nailhead-Trim Parsons Chair - Set of Two
$269.99 | zulily
Mr. Cold Soap Dispenser by Alessi
| Lumens
Design Element London 72" Double Bathroom Vanity with Open Bottom - Espresso
Modern Bathroom
Crashing Waves Shower Curtain
$84.99 | Dot & Bo
Ponticello Bridge Bathroom Faucet - Lever Handles - Chrome
Signature Hardware