all the different GE brands

analogmusicmanFebruary 5, 2014

does anyone know the difference between all the different GE brands? you know,there's the regular GE brand but then there's PROFILE and CAFE...

tnx,

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jwvideo

Mostly price and features. If you like car analogies, think Scion, Toytota and Lexus. All made by the same company but aimed at different market segments.

Plain GE is low-end to lower-middle pricing. GE Profile appliances will have more features and are slotted in the mid-range to upper-mid-range pricing (some would say expensive). Cafe is expensive, edging into premium priced market level that is otherwise the territory of GE Monogram. GE Monogram is the premium priced line that competes with the likes of Thermador, Viking, etc. There are also Hotpoint and GE "Artisan."Hotpoint is GE's low end line. Artisan is a retro-syled line of mtaching relatively low-end but spiffy-looking appliances.

Do you mean to ask a more specific question? Like, maybe, what is the difference between the french-door GE, GE Profile and GE Cafe fridges? Or, what are the differences between the GE Profile twin-oven ranges and the GE Cafe twin-oven ranges?

This post was edited by JWVideo on Thu, Feb 6, 14 at 11:21

Bookmark   February 6, 2014 at 11:10AM
More Discussions
Zephyr vs Modern Aire vs Prizer Under the Cabinet 30"
I will have a 30" induction range, and need an...
cudjoegal
Appliance Budget -$15k. How to spend?
We have $15k in our appliance allowance. We need a...
dcnatfan
American Range? Buyer Beware!
It is with big frustration that I am reporting an unacceptable...
foodiefrog
Refrigerator Water Valve Leaking
Any idea why the blue cap (see red arrow) on the water...
tslats2
Bosch Benchmark Policy....
I live in the FL Keys, and we have very few options...
cudjoegal
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™