1988 Jenn Air Combo Micro/oven

Mary1641February 6, 2014

We just bought a home with the 1988 Jenn Air Micro/oven combo. Both do not work property and have ruined food. The tech tells me to purchase a hand "wind-up tray" to put in microwave to make the food cook more evenly. This is just a bandaid approach and I want the insurance to replace it and the oven which does not work properly either. Any suggestions to convince them to do it?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
weissman

What insurance are you talking about? Did you do a walk thru/inspection before buying the house? You MIGHT have some recourse against the seller if they misrepresented the condition of the appliances, but that is very iffy. I doubt your homeowner's insurance would cover this and you would incur higher premiums and/or cancellation for filing such a claim. You bought a house with 26 year-old appliances - just bite the bullet and replace them.

This post was edited by weissman on Thu, Feb 6, 14 at 18:11

Bookmark   February 6, 2014 at 6:05PM
live_wire_oak

There isn't any insurance that will replace your appliances. If you are talking home warranty, they won't replace them either. They are beyond their expected lifespan already. Well beyond in the case of the MW.

Bookmark   February 7, 2014 at 1:55PM
gin_gin

I agree with the above posts, but I will say that we used one of those Micro-go-rounds in the 80's, and it worked quite well. A big improvement for microwaves without a turntable.

Bookmark   February 9, 2014 at 9:54AM
More Discussions
Bosch Benchmark Slide-In Induction Range Review
My Bosch Benchmark Slide-In Induction Range (HIIP054U)...
knoh
Bread baking in the Blue Star Range
We are in the process of building a new home and though...
mullde
How would you spend my $10k budget?
In the planning stage of a complete kitchen reno and...
enzaenza
Can't adjust door spring on Miele Futura Dimension DW (G 5675
We just installed my new Miele dishwasher and the door...
jan_in_davis
Which would you choose - Liebherr or Bosch?
Hi all: I'm in the market for a counter depth, 24",...
firefangle
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™