Foret Doors - Beautiful Contemporary Doors

High_RockJanuary 24, 2011

Has anyone worked with this company? They have an absolutely beautiful contemporary door collection, and I was all ready to order from them. However, they asked me to wire money (over $4000) to Argentina, even though their website says they are located in North Carolina.

If I call the 888 number, I get a recording. If I research the CEO of the company, her last name is the initial "P." If I Google her name, it says she lives in San Francisco as an IT professional. And there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING in regard to feedback from customers on the web. I hate to do it, but I decided to steer clear of them as much as I wanted those particular doors.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
High_Rock

BEWARE OF FORET! As soon as I questioned them and made a comment to that effect on a YouTube video they have posted, my comments were immediately removed and all by one of the videos were taken down. I think they're experts at removing any trace of deception.

Bookmark   January 24, 2011 at 6:48PM
soesoe75

sounds sketchy

Bookmark   January 24, 2011 at 9:56PM
JCKLA

I am also looking for a vendor of comtemporary doors. Would you mind sharing info when you come across one that has a good selection at somewhat reasonable prices?

Thanks

Bookmark   January 24, 2011 at 11:56PM
tinycastles

I highly recommend Southern Front Wholesale Doors. I ordered mine through them. They are located in Texas. They are a "real" company and were a pleasure to work with...I worked with Jason. Prompt responses to inquiries, always easy to reach via phone, TONS of doors, I mean thousands. Mine are not "contemporary" in style, but they do carry contemporary styles.

Doors arrived in perfect condition and were very well secured in their crates. I ordered a 6'x8' double rounded top and a single 3'x8' rounded top. Both are Knotty Alder with Flemish glass and came unfinished. The single door was actually a custom style too, since I just wanted a 2/3 lite with Flemish glass and no wrought iron or grilles. With my doors I could choose from a number of glass options and wrought iron finishes. Doors were stained by a local guy. They are a little darker than I wanted/expected, but that's my problem for not seeing a sample of the finish on Knotty Alder beforehand and just choosing the color from a sample board.

Bookmark   January 25, 2011 at 12:35PM
constantinople

I ordered my doors from here:

http://www.imperialdoors.com/

Doors are scheduled to arrive next week -- I will post photos at that time.

I also considered this company:

http://sanmiguelironworks.com

They both have contemporary designs, and can custom design the door to your specs.

In the end it came down to price.

Bookmark   January 25, 2011 at 10:32PM
constantinople

Just to follow, my Imperial Doors were a disaster. I started another thread to chronicle it here:

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/build/msg0222041523213.html?9

Buyer beware.

C.

Bookmark   February 25, 2011 at 8:12AM
hawaii5o1

Hello, I was looking for high rock who posted a comment on foret doors! I am getting the same thing from them! They won't take credit cards after they say they take them on their website. You can't find ONE review from a customer! On facebook their comments are only from them. Does anyone know anything about this company?

Bookmark   March 30, 2013 at 9:30AM
More Discussions
Need help with rigid foam and wall insulation
I am designing a house in Northern Arkansas and am...
josh02_2001
Please critique floor plan, thanks!
I posted a similar plan Oct. last year and got some...
czyk1234
Floorplan review
Hi everyone. My husband and I are working on building...
sarahbr2
Other places to purchase building materials besides HD and Lowes?
I want to see if there are other suppliers of building...
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
Using a contractor question
My husband and I are wanting to build a home. We sat...
LullabyF360
Sponsored Products
Pomeranian Door Knocker
Signature Hardware
24" Salinas Teak Vanity
Signature Hardware
Encore 78" Double Bathroom Vanity Set - Espresso with White Carrera Marble Count
Modern Bathroom
Wyndham Collection Bathroom Centra 59 in. Double Vanity Cabinet with Mirror in
Home Depot
Quick Ship & Assembled Cabinets: Home Decorators Collection Kitchen Cabinets
Home Decorators Collection
Fillers and Panels
CliqStudios Cabinets
Fresca Torino 24" Walnut Brown Modern Bathroom Vanity with Vessel Sink
Modern Bathroom
New Tune 28 inch Solid Aluminum Cabinet Handle Bar Pull Flat Black Finish
eModern Decor
People viewed this after searching for: