Ordered a Wheelchair Today

jannieDecember 3, 2008

DH took a big step today in his surrender to MS. He ordered a wheelchair on-line. It will be arriving in about a week. He's really looking forward to getting it. He has so much difficulty walking. He literally crawls up the stairs and into our bedroom. His neurologist suggested it the last time he was there. It comes apart, so we can put it in the car. It weighs 250 lbs. I hope I will be able to help him with it. I'm the caregiver.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mikeandbarb

He must have gotten a power chair? They weight 250 pounds.

Bookmark   December 4, 2008 at 8:38AM
agnespuffin

I was wondering about that 250lbs too. The ads will mention a weight, but it's usually concerning the amount of weight that it will hold, not the weight of the item. I can't see that a chair that could be taken apart to go in the car weighing 250lbs.

Fot example, I just ordered a quad cane. It lists different weights, one of which is 250lbs.

Bookmark   December 4, 2008 at 12:12PM
mariend

Curious where did he order it from? Many times insurance or the MS association will help pay for this and help you buy it locally so he can get fitted properly. Also, how will this help getting up/down stairs. Also it should fold for getting into cars, not come apart. That takes too long especially if you are in a drop off area. Talk to your local medical supply store/dept etc. I do wish you the best.

Bookmark   December 6, 2008 at 6:25PM
More Discussions
After 40 Years
40 years have passed, average age 81, and she is in...
mxyplx
Practical Christmas gifts
the elderly in our family have all the tee shirts,...
bossyvossy
RX Relief Discount Card
I phoned the number on the card and the recorded greeting...
Grampy_Mark
Mother-in-law ideas
My mother-in law will be moving in with us in 2 weeks....
lindykoeller
Mom fell 3 times in 2 weeks
My 90 y.o. mother lives in the independent side of...
patrice607
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™