Sink position and faucet projection

charliehorse99February 13, 2012

Hi! I need your design-savvy help!

I can't determine the appropriate fore/aft position for a bathroom trough sink, and if it will work with a wall faucet.

I am doing a 24" deep counter/vanity.

Sink is undermount, 35" by 10" (trough style intended for two faucets)

The drain center is ~2.5" from the back of the sink (if this matters).

I am thinking of a wall faucet, the projection I found is 8.5" from wall to spout, which would put the sink at ~6" from the wall, leaving 8" in front.

Does this seem odd to have so much counter in front of the sink (asymmetrically shifted back)? I think I would prefer to have more counter behind the sink to place items.

What is the rule for how much counter goes in front of the sink? I are there longer projection wall faucets OR do I need to bump out the wall? Maybe a wall faucet is not in the cards for this sink.vanity combo!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dancingqueengw

One thing I did when trying to get a sense of how a new faucet would fit with a remodeled sink is I taped off where the sink would be on the current vanity and then "made" a faucet out of tin foil mimicking the shape and length of the faucet and spout. I also think I read on this forum to be sure to not have the water splash down directly onto the drain cap. It worked out great. I do not have an ability to visualize so this helped me a lot. It turned out great by the way.

Bookmark   February 14, 2012 at 5:46PM
More Discussions
Need advice on shower valve location!!!
We are considering a fixed wall or glass divider for...
aboutdabass
Shower Size OK?
We're in the middle of a renovation of our master suite...
ntrainer
Help locating a Powder Bath sink, please!
We are in the final days of a year long remodel only...
soonermagicmama
amerec vs mr steam vs thermasol steam shower
Trying to choose a steam shower for a 4 x 5 shower...
panchoandlefty
Do offset sinks make you crazy?
in our new house build, I am thinking of doing an offset...
zorroslw1
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™