Floor model Capital Precision range -- should I bite?

mabeldingeldine_gwFebruary 24, 2012

When refrigerator shopping, the helpful salesman told me that another store will have a Capital Precision 30 inch range available in the next week or so for less than half price.

While I'm not all that fond of my current range, it was not in the replacement window since I am having a hard time finding a fridge that will work in my old house/small kitchen.

Is this the deal of a lifetime? While we recently added an exterior duct to add a vent, we haven't finished the installation and currently have a 600 cfm microhood in place, ready to connect to the vent when we finish.

Should I bite? I was thinking in the future of a 36" range, possibly the 2 oven Verona range. Will I need to immediately connect the vent? Will I have to immediately replace the microhood? Most importantly, is this the deal I will forever regret if I pass it by?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
deeageaux

30" Capital Precision models range in price from $3.4k-$6k.

Which exact model is it and what is the exact price?

Whithout knowing specifics it is hard to say.

Bookmark   February 24, 2012 at 9:07PM
mabeldingeldine_gw

It is the 30 inch Capital Precision GCR305L. I have not seen it yet, hope to Saturday but we are having freezing rain overnight, so I may not make the drive.

He said the price would be about $1600, possibly less.

Bookmark   February 24, 2012 at 9:48PM
deeageaux

The Verona for $3.5k or the Capital for $1.6K?

The large oven in the Verona is 2.4 cu ft. I think too small to be really usefull.

Both have 5 burners. Capital the 25k btu wok burner while Verona has a 16k btu power burner.

I think the only real advantage to the Verona is more cooktop space to maneuver mulitiple wide pots.

I would inspect the Capital and short of major dings or scratches buy it. And buy a Breville XL Smart oven .8 cu ft or Cadco Half Oven 1.75 if you really want that secondary small oven.You get the best of both worlds;a large gas oven and a small electric oven

Your current hood is 600cfm? I think that is plenty for the Precision.

Bookmark   February 24, 2012 at 10:44PM
mabeldingeldine_gw

It was in perfect shape, only a few fingerprints. I am sure she will be superb. I took my big skillet and 3 quart pot into the store with me, and they fit with room to spare.

Bookmark   February 25, 2012 at 3:07PM
deeageaux

Congrats and Enjoy!

BTW I was thinking in terms of 12+ quart stock pots and two burner griddles :)

Bookmark   February 25, 2012 at 4:46PM
mabeldingeldine_gw

One of my complaints with the current range was that my 12" skillet and 3 qt. pot would not fit on the two left burners, front and back, thus my thinking I'd expand to a 36" range.

This cook surface is much roomier front to back, those 2 pans fit easily. AND it is gorgeous. I can't wait to fire it up once it is delivered next week. I am sure my big canner will heat a lot faster on that center burner! Thanks for the encouragement.

Bookmark   February 25, 2012 at 6:46PM
tyguy

wow! if its about $1600 or so with no dents or scratches, that is an amazing deal! Congrats.

Bookmark   February 27, 2012 at 4:46AM
Angie_DIY

Congrats, mabeldingeldine. It looks like you snagged a beautiful bargain! Many happy sautees in your future.

Bookmark   February 27, 2012 at 11:33AM
mabeldingeldine_gw

Thanks :-) Is it bad that I keep clicking over to Flickr to look at my pics?

Bookmark   February 27, 2012 at 12:34PM
More Discussions
Anybody seen/used the new Bosch Benchmark appliances?
I think they are shipping these now. I have largely...
Juno_barks
24" refrigerator. Liebherr, Fagor, LG, etc?
We live in Boston. We are in the market for 24"....
ttkogi
Jenn Air Counter Depth Refrigerator
Hi, We will probably be getting the Jenn Air counter...
C C
Install Question for Subzero Undercounter UC24 BG/S Beverage Center
We're looking to install a Subzero UC24 BG/S Undercounter...
pbx2
True Refrigerator (residential)
I came across this beautiful photo of a True refrigerator...
ltislander
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™