Dementia, Alzheimers and Singing

PeaBee4November 23, 2005

This is a very interesting article. It would be interesting to see if listening to singing would help calm the aggritated dementia patient.

Check it out. Maybe, along with keeping ourselves alert by crosswords puzzles and games, we need to keep singing too.

PB

Here is a link that might be useful: Sing that fog away

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
heydeborah

PB read the interesting article. i live by a Alz. day care and on our local cable access last summer they had an hour show about this fantastic programme they have, and singing was one of them. Also Al's older sister has mental health problems and one of the ways she gets less stressed is to sing. maybe that's why we used to sing in the car with our children on those long road trips, to settle them down!. ps reading j.evanovich's 11's book, a very,very, quick read. Happy thanksgiving to you and your family! debbie

Bookmark   November 26, 2005 at 1:08PM
PeaBee4

Deb.... I read a few of her books. They were a fun read, she gets a little repetitive, but I guess when you turn out books as fast as she does, new ideas just don't pop up as quickly.
I am starting to read the Harry Potter books again.. I missed reading the last two and I thought I needed to refresh my memories of all the main characters, names, places, etc.
PB

Bookmark   November 26, 2005 at 1:19PM
heydeborah

PB dd went and saw the movie last week - said it was the best out of all of them. i also agree with you about the repetition, i need to find some new authors though, i seem to read all the books certain authors write - Kellerman, deheim etc.

Bookmark   November 26, 2005 at 8:43PM
More Discussions
Mom with dementia upset about move
Hi everyone, My 83 year old mother was diagnosed with...
netty_73
Medicare and Fully Electric Hospital Beds
I have a prescription from my mom's doctor for a fully...
patrice607
Missing
It was on the kitchen sink last night right after dinner...
mxyplx
Need some good thoughts
I have been at the KT for many years,and think that...
sandiefl
After 40 Years
40 years have passed, average age 81, and she is in...
mxyplx
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™