My Positive Huntington's Page

heatherdugdaleNovember 6, 2007

I am 24, am experiencing HuntingtonÂs disease symptoms. My family is one of the few in the world who have early onset. I was a Nurse before I got sick. I made a positive, comprehensive website. It has a blog, care giving tips, ways to fight brain fog, myths, my story, my families story, history, and ways to have a positive testing experience. I also put on there the poems I got published in the horizon.

http://heatherdugdale.angelfire.com/

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mariend

This is in my DH's family also. There is also some wonderful information from the Huntington's Assoc. Also if you do a research on this disease, you will find out what drugs are being used. John Hopkins Hospital has several research groups. His cousin went from being in a wheel chair to driving herself from Maryland to Nevada by herself due to brain surgery and experimental drugs from the hospital. The main thing is to be aware of signs, symptoms, medications and go to Dr. who knows about it.
There are also several centers thru out the US specializing in this.
I am sure you do realize there is no cure, just many ways to control it.
I wish you the best.
It also skips around--his sister had it, one brother now has it DH and his other 2 brothers never had it. Some of the Aunts and Uncles had it other didn't have it.
In our observation it seems to us like extreme stress seems to bring it on early, if you have the gene.
Good luck

Bookmark   November 8, 2007 at 6:10PM
More Discussions
Severe dementia in several weeks
This is my first post to Caregivers. I'm not comfortable...
Roodles123
Mom with dementia upset about move
Hi everyone, My 83 year old mother was diagnosed with...
netty_73
Missing
It was on the kitchen sink last night right after dinner...
mxyplx
Do you ever have a day that just goes well?
Today was one of those days. I was at mom's to get...
junebug1961
Information on chair stairlifts
My husband is 90 and we are wanting to have our tub...
lucienalta
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™