Thermador Pro Grand All Gas Range - does self-cleaning work well?

wilson853February 25, 2013

I am considering the all-gas Thermador Pro Grand range for a new kitchen, because it is less than money than the dual fuel, but also has the self-clean function, which I consider an absolute necessity, I would appreciate any feedback on this range, and whether the self-clean function works well.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cbernot

I have a thermador dual fuel. With that said a couple of items. I found that the self-cleaning function overheats the computer in the stove causing degraded components that eventually led to computer failure (500-700 each time it happened). The technician told me to never use the self-cleaning option. While your at it for all commercial grade stoves (except I believe wolf) you would be wise to install a whole house transient surge protector (about 500 installed). I lost several computer boards over many years. Once I installed this-no more troubles with the stove computer blowing out during storms.

Bookmark   March 1, 2013 at 1:03PM
wilson853

Thanks very much for the response. Your experience is one reason why I was considering the all-gas version instead of the dual fuel version. I assume (maybe wrongfully) that the all-gas may not be as prone to that kind of repair.

Bookmark   March 5, 2013 at 2:56PM
communikates

Wilsonn853, did you end up purchasing a Thermador all gas range? What do you think? How is the oven? Any complaints?

Bookmark   February 14, 2015 at 2:42PM
wilson853

I did not purchase the Thermador range. I decided to go with separate units, and went with a Capital rangetop and Miele ovens. No experience yet. The kitchen should be done by summer.

Bookmark   February 14, 2015 at 4:22PM
More Discussions
gas oven ignitor help
I recently picked up a great amana self clean gas oven,...
billhiggs
Anybody seen/used the new Bosch Benchmark appliances?
I think they are shipping these now. I have largely...
Juno_barks
Install Question for Subzero Undercounter UC24 BG/S Beverage Center
We're looking to install a Subzero UC24 BG/S Undercounter...
pbx2
24" refrigerator. Liebherr, Fagor, LG, etc?
We live in Boston. We are in the market for 24"....
ttkogi
Any experience with a Miele or other plumbed-in coffee machine?
Heavily considering a plumbed in cva4066ss Miele coffee...
Vandit
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™