My dear Mom is gone.....

SLCSueNovember 15, 2005

I went to the office yesterday, but after a few hours of catching up what I had left undone last week, I went back to be with Mom. At 7:15pm she took a deep breath, and then the next one never came. It was so peaceful; she was here and then she was gone. I know her love continues because I still feel it. God is good.

Susan

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lasershow

My sincere condolences to you and your family, Sue. She is at peace and you will feel her around you, be sure of that.

Bookmark   November 15, 2005 at 10:49AM
fairegold

Oh, Susan, my deepest sympathies are with you. I know how hard this has been, but you've been doing a wonderful job for your dear Mother. Your best memories will keep your Mother in your heart.

Hugs-
Helene

Bookmark   November 15, 2005 at 11:13AM
abreeze

Dear Susan... May God bless and comfort you and give you strength, hope, and peace for each day. ~abreeze

Bookmark   November 15, 2005 at 11:32AM
mimi427

Dear Susan:
My deepest condolences to you and your family. Your mom will always be with you, in your heart. Please know that you were her angel here on earth and she will be yours now.
Blessings,
Mimi

Bookmark   November 15, 2005 at 1:26PM
Logfrog

You are so right. Her love will always be with you to sustain you. She has reached her reward, with peace, and with you by her side.
Take care of yourself,
PB

Bookmark   November 15, 2005 at 3:49PM
momj47

I'm so sorry. Her long journey is over, and yours continues. You are strong and you have the love of your mother to sustain you. Take care of yourself.

Barb

Bookmark   November 15, 2005 at 9:58PM
brena

My sincere sympathies for your loss..I am new here but I do feel your pain. Remember she is at peace now and I hope you somehow find comfort.

Brena

Bookmark   November 16, 2005 at 6:57AM
heydeborah

Dear Sue, yes God is Good! my deepest sympathies go out to you and your family. Please let us know when the day and time of the service so that we may join in prayer for her and your family. debbie

Bookmark   November 16, 2005 at 10:30AM
SLCSue

Heydeborah,
My mom, ever the teacher, donated her body to the University Med.School, so future doctors and nurses can learn...there will be no funeral. This Friday from 1:30-3:30 there will be a memorial service and celebration of her life,and your prayers and thoughts would be so appreciated. You know, I have drawn so much comfort from this group, because as caregivers we understand the swings we have all gone through with our "cared-fors", and understand the special love and bond it creates. Thank you all so much. Susan

Bookmark   November 16, 2005 at 4:06PM
scotland1

Susan: Your mom was a special lady, indeed. I'll be thinking of you and your loved ones as you celebrate her life this Friday. Take care. Scotland

Bookmark   November 16, 2005 at 5:17PM
imabest

Hi Susan my thoughts and prayers are with you and may your Mother rest in peace and peace be with you hugs Imabest

Bookmark   November 22, 2005 at 1:11PM
mimi427

Dear Susan:
I've been thinking about you. How did your mother's celebration of life go on Friday? I hope all went well...blessings to you,
Mimi

Bookmark   November 22, 2005 at 10:39PM
Cherryhairdo

I am so very sorry for the loss of your Mom, and glad too that she went so peacefully.

Bookmark   November 24, 2005 at 12:21AM
SLCSue

Thank you so much for all your thoughts and prayers. The memorial celebration went so well, a bright sunny day, people wrote condolence and memories on squares of vellum we provided, those who spoke each took a rose petal from the pink roses (Mom's favorites)and held it while they shared a rememberance, then placed it in a crystal bowl. I will make sachet's for my daughters from the petals. And we sent dozens of balloons sailing up toward the mountains with our love and wishes for Mom. My granddaughter made a collage of pictures of Mom from childhood, college, early wife and mothering, as well as recent pictures, and everyone enjoyed seeing them. All in all, a loving tribute. I am glad I made myself do it for her, when all I wanted to do was go to bed and pull the covers over my head.
Little sister breezed into town for Thanksgiving...maybe after the NY trip this week, I will be able to sort out my very mixed emotions about that!

Bookmark   November 26, 2005 at 10:05PM
heydeborah

Hi Sue! What a wonderful celebration! I hope that my children will be like you when our time comes. i also think that a memorial celebration could be something happy, and i think you did that ten-fold, i'm sure your mom was smiling down at all of you! Debbie

Bookmark   November 27, 2005 at 12:56PM
More Discussions
RX Relief Discount Card
I phoned the number on the card and the recorded greeting...
Grampy_Mark
how do i tell sil i am not taking her dm
MIL lived near us for years and years. She about drove...
caminnc
Just passing some info on.
Maybe this will help someone else. Took us a long time...
cathyid
Any Long Term Caregivers?
Hi, I would like to chat with caregivers of those with...
Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
Starting small biz concierge services for senior
Need some help here. I am staring a part-time business...
mangomoon
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™