Miele, Bosch vs Kitchenaid Dishwashers

diab123February 23, 2013

So have narrowed down dishwasher choice to these three brands. Knowing that Miele and Bosch are highly regarded---how does it work out to not have the hard food disposer nor heated drying? Those who have used both please let me know what you think.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
karenlee56

I had both heated drying and and the 'automatic food grinder' on my last dishwasher. I found the heated dry to be unnecessary so I had stopped using it, and the food disposer would oftentimes finely grind up the food and then throw it back all over everything in the dishwasher. I would never get another model with an automatic food disposer.

I have a Miele now with condensation drying and no food disposer. I couldn't be happier. It dries the dishes without fail (of course plastics take longer), and if I open the door for a while after it's done, the plastics dry more quickly. The Miele has an extremely easy way to clean any leftover food particles out, and it doesn't have to be done very often. The model I have alerts the user when it needs to be cleaned. I continue to be amazed every time I open the dishwasher when it's finished to find immaculate 'everything.' I never knew I could 'love' a dishwasher until I got the Miele! :)

Bookmark   February 23, 2013 at 9:21PM
deeageaux

Hard Food Disposer-- Miele and Bosch have a filter and almost all modern dishwasher detergent is enzyme based not phosphate based. All you do is scrape your plates and the enzyme takes care of most of the left over food. What is left is on the filter is worked on by the enzymes. Sometimes it dissolves over time but every once in a while you clean the filter. Every 3-12 months depending on how you well you scrape your dishes and how often you use your dishwasher.

See link below for good discussion on heated dry vs convection dry.

I now have a Miele La Perla II and would never go back to American type dishwasher. When federal regulations allowed phosphates and unregulated amounts of energy and phosphate use American type dishwashers worked very well too. That is really no longer the case. They have to use tiny food disposer motors to meet energy star standards and use far less water to meet federal standards too.

Here is a link that might be useful: LINK

Bookmark   February 23, 2013 at 9:32PM
realism

There really needs to be a tutorial on using google to search gardenweb. It seems like everyday there is a new thread that is a complete rehash of something already addressed.

I was able to turn up the following threads with a simple search. I am sure there are plenty more that can be found with a few minutes of searching.

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/appl/msg1113574728621.html

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/appl/msg051626045310.html

Bookmark   February 23, 2013 at 10:58PM
More Discussions
48" Wolf, Thermador or Bluestar...or something else?
Looking into purchasing a 48" range. Wolf: Classic....
wren21
Why are my frozen bananas melting?
Not sure the right forum for this, but I freeze bananas...
weedyacres
Daily Luxury Convenience (Combi Steam) vs. Tried & True Dbl Oven
I asked questions about the steam oven last month....
lawjedi
Anyone with a double oven range wish they had gone with wall ovens?
My DH thought we'd get a double oven range, but I like...
happyallison
Need A New Keurig - Suggestions?
Our Keurig at the lake bit the dust. The single cup...
amck2
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™