24" Depth or 28 3/4" Thermador Oven - help please?

backfromtokyoFebruary 14, 2013

I was all set to order the Pro Grand Thermador but after a bit of scrutiny realized that the depth of the range is 28 3/4" and my counters are 24" deep.

Now, the Pro Harmony is 24 3/4 but I do not like the look as MUCH however I would rather it look properly installed.

For those of you that own Thermador (ProGrand), GE Monogram, Wolf, Viking....how deep are your counters compared to your range? Any suggestions on which way I should go?

Thank you!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jellytoast

My cabinets are standard 24 inches deep. When closed, only the Viking range door sticks out beyond the cabinets. And of course, the bullnose piece on the top sticks out somewhat past the granite. Personally, I like the look and prefer that the range stick out a bit and not fit flush with the cabinets. I did see the two Thermador's while shopping and thought that the Pro Grand stuck out a little more than I'd like and it looked quite bulky compared to the Pro Harmony. I think the doors were quite a bit thicker than the Viking door, which really contributes to that beefy look. Look at pictures of the Capital Culinarian installed and it sticks out quite far, too. If I had to choose to between the two though, I'd pick the Pro Grand over the flush fit.

Bookmark   February 14, 2013 at 5:05PM
More Discussions
Viking open burner advice needed
I have a chance to buy a Viking open burner 36"...
jerseychick
Annoying
Stopped in the appliance store that our builder likes...
Mini Soda
Fhiaba column refrigerator freezer anyone?
Has anyone seen these in person or have in their kitchen?...
Dietitian
1200cfm oversized hood...Overkill for 30" BlueStar range?
I am getting a 30" BlueStar RNB range for my kitchen...
ILoveCookie
Can a Whirpool wrs342fiab00 Refrigerator use water filter bypass ?
I have an undersink filter connected to this fridge,...
edge
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™