Door hardware online

NolaRenovatorJanuary 9, 2014

I'm sourcing door hardware. I wondered if online sources such as myknobs.com have a lower quality product or grey market quality.

Does anyone have any particular success or failure with this site or others like it?

Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Andmic510

I ordered our door hardware from our local lumber yard. They had the best prices. But for cabinet hardware, I chose a brand & style I liked and used Google Shopping to see what my best deal was. GoingKnobs.com & ShopAmerock.com had the best prices, no tax & free shipping. I received all items rapidly. All brand name as stated & excellent quality.

Bookmark   January 11, 2014 at 3:54PM
omgwhatamidoing

I just ordered and received our exterior and interior door hardware from http://doorhardwarecenter.com/. If you find a better price from another dealer they will price match. I called and spoke with Michael to get a better price on some of my items. Their customer service is great. I ordered on 12/30 and had most of my items by 1/3. My Emtek items were back ordered but came yesterday. I would highly recommend.

They are an authorized dealer for many of the top brands.

Here is a link that might be useful: http://doorhardwarecenter.com/

This post was edited by omgwhatamidoing on Sun, Jan 12, 14 at 18:15

Bookmark   January 12, 2014 at 6:13PM
NolaRenovator

Did either of you have any quality issues with the hardware you purchased? parts missing, etc.?

Thanks

Bookmark   January 13, 2014 at 2:51PM
omgwhatamidoing

No quality issues so far. My Emtek.hardware for the exterior doors was shipped directly from Emtek. Everything was there. We haven't installed the interior hardware yet but it is in the original packaging from Schlange.

Bookmark   January 14, 2014 at 6:37AM
lkplatow

I have ordered several times from a online dealer called Simpson's Hardware. They are an Emtek dealer and had the best prices by far. Plus they have great customer service - when you call, you get Mr. Simpson himself (or sometimes his wife) and they are extremely knowledgeable and helpful. I was replacing existing hardware and hinges and had no idea about things like offset and screw placement and such -- they walked me through all the measurements and technical details to make sure I ordered exacty what would fit my existing doors. Everything arrived quickly and in perffect shape. I wouldn't hesitate to use them again. I have no affiliation with them other than happy customer.

Here is a link that might be useful: Simpson's Hardware

Bookmark   January 14, 2014 at 7:17AM
More Discussions
Frank Betz Kensington Park - opinions and any pictures please!
In the Air Force, thinking about building the Kensington...
dnasmith14
It's February 2015- How is your build going?
January was a surprisingly active month! I admire all...
mushcreek
Would love some feedback on the schematic design of our home
My wife and I are first time builders and would love...
Shane Sherman
Spray Foam - Worth it?
I've been asked by several members of my family if...
Improv241
Would you trust a builder to create a blueprint from your own sketch?
We have heard of people building custom without using...
liv2tell
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™