Bosch 800 Series dishwasher ?

fishymomFebruary 25, 2014

We installed a new Bosch 800 series dishwasher on Sunday. When it was unpacked, it was damp on the inside and a bit smelly. We have run several wash cycles and it smells fine when the cycle finishes, but a few hours later, it smells musty again. Any suggestions on how to get the smell out?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sjhockeyfan325

That's weird that it was damp when you unpacked it. It was brand new, right? I have an 800 series and didn't have that issue.

Bookmark   February 25, 2014 at 5:36PM
xedos

All Bosch and Mieles are run with water before they leave the factory. Teh water is pumped out , but not 100% and that's the moisture you are experiencing.

They are DW cleaners that you can run with a cycle that will get the smell out 99 % of the time.

Bookmark   February 25, 2014 at 6:25PM
sjhockeyfan325

I guess I didn't notice it was damp because my contractor ran the dishwasher after it was installed (and before I got home) to be sure there were no leaks.

Bookmark   February 25, 2014 at 6:51PM
fishymom

Thanks for the info xedos, that's what we figured, but nice to have it confirmed. I will pick up some dishwasher cleaner and give that a try.

Sjhockeyfan, how long have you had your 800 series and how are you liking it? Our purchase was a spur of the moment decision, pretty unusual for me, I usually research the heck out of things before I buy. But our Electrolux DW went out this weekend and we happened to come across a really great deal at Lowes, so I threw caution to the wind!

1 Like    Bookmark   February 26, 2014 at 10:52AM
sjhockeyfan325

I love it! I have had terrible luck with previous dishwashers (KA dish drawers, GE Profile), so this is a revelation to me - a dishwasher that actually cleans the dishes, and holds a ton of stuff! It's so quiet I usually don't even know it's on, and since we have an open room, that's a huge plus. (We really only looked at Miele and Bosch, and decided we didn't want to spend what the Miele cost. We're very happy with our decision so far - two months in). We use Finish Powerballs (not Quantum).

Bookmark   February 26, 2014 at 1:18PM
fishymom

Thanks, that is great to hear sjhockeyfan! We also have a large open space and the dw is very quiet. I have only run one load with dirty dishes so far, but I was happy with the performance.

Bookmark   February 26, 2014 at 3:12PM
More Discussions
Which would you choose - Liebherr or Bosch?
Hi all: I'm in the market for a counter depth, 24",...
firefangle
New cooktop slightly smaller than old cutout in granite
I have a 36 " gas cooktop in my granite countertop...
chirs1
Difference between advantium and convection microwave
I had almost decided on the ge advantium (monogram)...
athensmomof3
Bread baking in the Blue Star Range
We are in the process of building a new home and though...
mullde
Hood & Venting for Bluestar Rangetop...Zephyr or Bluestar?
In deciding between the 36" Bluestar cooktop and...
missmeghan702
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™