Hand shower in tub?

VADawgFebruary 27, 2014

Renovating our master bath and I'm going to have a built-in tub. Our contractor thinks we need the optional hand shower accessory to go with the tub filler set. I know I will never wash my hair in the tub, but the contractor says for cleaning I'll wish I had it. Is it worth the ~$200+ for this? Do those of you who have this use it, and vice versa, those of you who didn't get this wish you had? Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jewelisfabulous

We are currently remodeling our master bath. After living without one for the last 14 years, I purchased a tub filler specifically because it includes a hand held sprayer.

Bookmark   February 27, 2014 at 12:13PM
raehelen

VAD, I didn't even question the need for a hand-shower for my tub in our next BR. I actually do wash my hair if I'm having a bath...do you mean you would have a bath, and then get out and go have a shower to wash your hair? But, I wasn't even thinking of that (have never had the convenience of a hand shower, I just scoot down and rinse my whole head underwater...LOL), I was just thinking of leaning over and cleaning and rinsing out tub, particularly as it will be just a tub, so no wall (overhead) shower. Since I think it's one of those things that are near impossible to add later, yes it's worth the $200 extra. If for nothing else, for resale.

Bookmark   February 27, 2014 at 12:27PM
VADawg

Thanks everyone. Yes, I take a bath to relax and then get in the shower to wash my hair and rinse off. One of those OCD things! I never feel clean in the bath, I like to have a shower afterwards! Thanks for your advice, I guess it's better to add it now then find out I wish I had later.

Bookmark   February 27, 2014 at 12:58PM
lori_inthenw_gw

Sounds like you've decided, but I just realized the other day that we installed ours in 2008 and I have never once used it for cleaning the tub. I guess I forget its there! I spray and wipe the tub-- it is never that dirty that it needs a big scrubbing.

Bookmark   February 28, 2014 at 4:50PM
enduring

If you have a hand sprayer in the tub, you may not have to then get out to take the shower. I have been using my tub with hand sprayer for almost a year as our main bath is in the remodeling phase. I am a shower girl so the tub thing is somewhat of a hassle. Anyway, I too feel cleaner after a shower, but with the hand sprayer you can just rinse off after a soak. I also use it to clean the tub after every bath and before the next one. I also have a counter with plants near by, and use it to water these plants. So easy. I love the hand shower.

Bookmark   February 28, 2014 at 8:15PM
lee676

yes, just yes.....

Bookmark   March 1, 2014 at 4:41AM
debrak2008

I insisted on a tub sprayer. I must have a hand held sprayer in all showers and tubs. Without it, it is a major PITA to clean.

Bookmark   March 1, 2014 at 10:58AM
Linelle

raehelen, I don't take many baths, but if I need to wash my hair in one, I also use the total immersion method. :)

Bookmark   March 1, 2014 at 11:07AM
More Discussions
Faux Carrera on floor and in shower, what countertop?
Love the look of all marble bathrooms but I don't have...
rpk1
Toilets, anyone?
Ten years ago we put in the Toto Ultramax after reading...
anniel58
Vanity from CabinetDIY - FYI
Just an FYI: we started to build the vanity from a...
melle_sacto
Replacing The Hideous Blue Bathroom
I started removing the tile from the tub surround....
christina222_gw
Which Tile Color for DH's "Manly" Bathroom?
The vanity/sink is the only thing we've done so far....
monicakm_gw
Sponsored Products
Darya Rugs Ziegler, Purple, 4'1" x 6'1" M1770-136
Darya Rugs
Green Rocking Wine Glass - Set of Two
$22.99 | zulily
Majolica Green - Satin Silver White Shade Table Lamp
Lamps Plus
Grayson Set of Two Swivel Outdoor Bar Stools in Black Finish, Patio Furniture
FRONTGATE
King 600TC Pillowcase - WHITE/NAVY
$138.00 | Horchow
Braxton Leather Sofa - Brighton Breeze Green
Joybird Furniture
nuLOOM Hand-Hooked Alexa Moroccan Trellis Wool Rug (6' x 9')
Overstock.com
SunStopper Sun Haven 14 x 11.5-ft. Motorized Retractable Awning - SUNHAV-14X11.5
Hayneedle
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™