Arthritis Pain

tendtogetluckyOctober 9, 2009

My husband has osteoarthritis. Neck pain and now it's moved to his wrist. Finally, after research and talking to friends he is 80-90% pain-free. He is on glucosamine & chondroitin & wears a magnetic bracelet. But the main thing I tried that took his pain away is drinking lots of WATER. Within 3 days the water worked. He is back to his normal happy self. When you think about it cartilege is mainly fluid. If it dries up from lack of water, it hurts. Try it, I believe you'll see amazing results like we did.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
shambo

Tendto, I'm glad the water remedy helped your husband. I read on the other arthritis thread about also adding salt to the water. I have to add a caution for both your remedies: Anyone with Congestive Heart Failure (CHF) and other ailments needs to be very careful about overdoing liquid intake. In fact, most people suffering from a host of ailments are taking diuretics to eliminate excess water in their system. The excess water creates edema and makes breathing difficult because the lungs fill up with liquid. And people suffering from all kinds of heart problems including CHF and high blood pressure need to lower their salt intake. So, while this remedy may help your husband, it may actually be dangerous for others. Unfortunately, many elderly deal with heart health issues, swelling, and difficulty breathing. So they're a particularly vulnerable group.

Bookmark   October 9, 2009 at 6:19PM
mariend

I agree, he should and all people should get check my medical personal first before they try any treatments that is in books or offered by people.

Bookmark   October 11, 2009 at 2:41PM
venshore2003

A lot of people in my community use the swimming pool for low impact water arobics to deal with their pain. They play an invisable piano with their fingers on the top of the water. This is an excerise that helps relieve the pain in the fingers and joints. Also they make a fist then make the water squirt through the fingers and this strengthens the whole hand/fingers.

Bookmark   December 10, 2009 at 12:22AM
betzie_fab

I am wondering if anyone has experienced the start of arthritis in hands and hips after taking Lipitor (sp?). I never had arthritis before and have been diagnosed with an allergy to statin drugs which I have been by my doctors.

Bookmark   February 6, 2010 at 9:54AM
More Discussions
Sundowning
Please forgive me if this has already been covered...
hoovergal
Just passing some info on.
Maybe this will help someone else. Took us a long time...
cathyid
Information on chair stairlifts
My husband is 90 and we are wanting to have our tub...
lucienalta
incessant throat clearing
Ok, I feel guilty even posting this, but I am desperate...
coolbeansw
Medicare and Fully Electric Hospital Beds
I have a prescription from my mom's doctor for a fully...
patrice607
Sponsored Products
Brondell Seats Swash 300 Advanced Bidet Toilet Seat-Elongated in White S300-EW
Home Depot
Brondell Seats Swash 1000 Electric Bidet Seat for Round Toilet S1000-RW
Home Depot
BuddyRest Crown Supreme Orthopedic Pet Bed Dog Bed
$329.00 | FRONTGATE
Go Pet Club Orthopedic Memory Foam Pet Bed - CC-36
$41.28 | Hayneedle
Go Pet Club Memory Foam Orthopedic Dog Pet Bed - Chocolate - RR-34
$49.99 | Hayneedle