Best all-electric slide-in or free standing range

GalleyRatFebruary 2, 2012

Hi again,

I currently have a freestanding Frigidaire convection smoothtop with warming drawer that I love. Since I'm getting new counters I figured this would be the best time to replace my 10+year old range,but I would only be replacing it for the granite cutting to fit appliance situation, not because I really need a new range. I really do like my current range, but my next one will either be that GE Cafe freestanding that looks like a slide-in or an actual slide-in. Should I do this now or can I wait until the oven poops out? I wasn't sure how they go about changing a granite counter (which I'll be installing now) from freestanding TO slide in, or if it's a big or little deal.

Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
GalleyRat

ummmm sorry, I forgot that I was also asking your opinions on your fav electric range, too.

Bookmark   February 2, 2012 at 4:01PM
codymaxx

I would love to have a slide in range but the only one that fits our budget is the electric Frididaire FGES3065. Does Frigidaire have a good reputation for electric ranges? Would it be better to stick with a stand alone to get better quality for less money?

Bookmark   February 18, 2012 at 9:47PM
saltimbocca

We just got the GE 30" slide-in with the induction cooktop and convection oven. It is flat-out amazing to cook on compared to our old KA flattop electric. Superfast responsiveness, wider range of heat than electric or gas, HUGE oven, plus a warming drawer. Not to mention being able to place paper towels under the pan while you cook, to catch spills and spatters.

I would never go back to electric or gas after using this.

Bookmark   February 19, 2012 at 12:52PM
fauguy

Im looking to replace my GE radiant heat free standing range withe the GE induction slide in that was mentioned in the above post.

Here is a link to the GE induction:

Here is a link that might be useful: http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/appl/msg0915421110796.html?48

Bookmark   February 19, 2012 at 8:15PM
dan1888

The important information is contained in the measurements for the slide-in installation instructions. Also consider your backsplash which will run to counter level behind the range. If you have deep counters there may be a segment behind the range.

Bookmark   February 20, 2012 at 1:01AM
More Discussions
Viking open burner advice needed
I have a chance to buy a Viking open burner 36"...
jerseychick
Anyone have a Wolf gas cooktop? Or another cooktop you really like?
I've found a lot on Wolf range's but not any reviews...
happyallison
Try_Hard's appliances, one year later...
I built a new house and moved in during April 2008....
try_hard
How much can a Wolf rangetop be changed?
I have a late 1970's propane 36 inch 6 burner Wolf...
deepdrop
Thermador micro drawer - is it worth it?
http://www.thermador.com/cooking/microwaves/md24js-24-inch-builtin-microdrawer Hey...
bellachaboni
Sponsored Products
Colonial Bronze Three-Light Bath Light with Champagne Scavo Glass
$89.90 | Bellacor
Area Rug: Select Versailles Royal Entrance Blue 3' 6" x 5' 6"
Home Depot
36" Villa Series Stainless Steel Wall-Mount Range Hood - 860 CFM
Signature Hardware
Traditional Dual Concealed Thermostatic Shower Valve Square Plate
Hudson Reed
Quinze And Milan | Frame Arm 100
YLiving.com