Painting my bathroom

Beth101February 3, 2012

Hi! Need help. Looking for paint color to tone down the pink/peach tint in the rialto beige tile in shower and around the tub. The floor is a dark brown, cherry(dark) cabinets and a light granite top. Color now is sage green. Not working well with tile. Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
pricklypearcactus

Can you post some pictures? I imagine that would help immensely. Without seeing everything, I can't be certain this is a good suggestion, but in my kitchen we have peachy pink laminate counters (to be replaced when we do that remodel). I painted the walls a deep rich red and it really toned down the pink in the counters. Previously the walls were green and the opposite color emphasized the pinkness in the counters. Now that the red is so much more prominent in the walls, the pinkness of the counters visually fades. In fact, people who have been in our kitchen before have been surprised when we mentioned our pink counters in passing as they hadn't even realized they were pink. You wouldn't necessarily have to go with red, but green is almost certainly going to highlight any red/pink tones because it is the opposite color of red.

Bookmark   February 3, 2012 at 11:58AM
PRO
Sophie Wheeler

Something in the terra cotta tones would work to minimize the pink. Also check your lighting to make sure that it's not a contributor.

Bookmark   February 3, 2012 at 12:15PM
Beth101

Thank you for the information. I will definitely post some pictures. Thanks for the quick reply.

Bookmark   February 3, 2012 at 12:41PM
jw34

I am still trying to pick my new bathroom tile but in my research I stumbled across this article that you may find helpful. It specifically suggests avoiding paints with blue or green tones.

Here is a link that might be useful: The Not Pink Bathroom

Bookmark   February 4, 2012 at 9:17AM
More Discussions
White tubs not really white?
For our new build, I have chosen Imperial Blanco white...
mom2sulu
Shower glass strong enough to hold towel?
We will be getting semi-frameless glass shower walls....
risforremodel
Classic looking offset vanity top?
I'm planning out a bathroom remodel for a 1920s Craftsman...
resseger
anyone know this brand for shower fixtures?
Trying to get a replacement part. Bathroom remodel...
jormydog
108 year old claw foot tub stamped HYS
I've been having a very hard time trying to identify...
flippincrazy
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™