covering sides of refrig.

char35February 9, 2013

I don't know if anyone has ever done this but I would like to cover the sides of my new refrig. They are black. That's the way they come. I was thinking of covering it with a lighter brown that would look better against my counter. I don't want to use a contact paper that would leave a lot of "stickum" if I sould want to remove it. I'm not going to grumble if there is nothing I could do. I just thought I would ask.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jwvideo

Actually, the vinylized contact paper (shelf liners) do not seem to leave stickum, at least if your fridge has textured sides. When I bought my KA fridge last summer, its gray sides seemed to be a lot darker shade in my home than they seemed in the store. I thought about painting. To see how lighter colored sides might look, I tried some white vinyl self-adhesive shelf liner on the sides. I left it on for about four months. Thing was, that paper tended to crinkle and bubble. So, I peeled it off. No stickum left on the fridge's textured sides.

There are also some magnetic ss panels made to go on some brands of fridge. Our local Lowe's or HD carries them, but the panels are expensive. There was a thread on this last fall, but I cannot find it at the moment. Maybe you will have better luck turning it up.

Bookmark   February 9, 2013 at 4:13PM
More Discussions
Over & Under refrigerator advice/options
I am remodeling my kitchen and planning to use separate...
uscpsycho
cooktop
Hi, I finally narrowed down to 3 different 30 inch...
wmc123
Double ovens - Gaggenau, Bosch, Wolf, Miele
I do realize that there are many posts about this,...
riese1
Questions about noisy back draft damper on vent hood roof cap
One female here who is definitely not a diy type person....
texasgal47
Parts question: Fridgidaire Gas Stove Igniter
The oven igniter on our gas stove quit working. I went...
Pooh Bear
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™