Toto Drake seat

madtown_2006_gwFebruary 3, 2013

Hi, we are looking for a seat/lid to go with the Toto Drake (elongated) that we recently purchased. DH was reading some reviews on Amazon and the feedback for the seat that Toto recommends (SS114) is not great. People say the seat doesn't fit well. Apparently not all the little "feet" type things under the lid come into contact with the rim which eventually causes problems. Anyone have the experience? Can you recommend another lid/seat? Or do you have the SS114 with no problems?

Thank you!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kirkhall

We have the ss114 on a Toto Drake II with no problems.

Bookmark   February 3, 2013 at 11:17AM
akcorcoran

We have the Toto Drake II as well with no problems?

Bookmark   February 3, 2013 at 1:51PM
herring_maven

madtown_2006: "... the seat that Toto recommends (SS114) is not great. People say the seat doesn't fit well. Apparently not all the little "feet" type things under the lid come into contact with the rim which eventually causes problems. Anyone have the experience? Can you recommend another lid/seat? Or do you have the SS114 with no problems?"

When we installed our Vespin II (which is the skirted version of the Drake II), we eschewed the SS114 and instead purchased a Toto SS214 (also known as the "Toto Soiree seat") to go with it. The profile of the '214 is slightly different from the '114 in that the top part of the lid is squarer, the seat and the top do not overlap at the rear near the hinge (easing cleaning), and the curvature of the portion that one actually sits on (the dished part surrounding the opening) differs between the two. We much preferred the '214 to the '114 both for aesthetics and comfort, but YMMV.

(Of course, our SS214 now sits in a box in the attic, because we replaced it with an Inax Clessence as soon as we got our bathroom wired for an electrical outlet close to the toilet that finally enabled us to get an advanced toilet seat.)

Bookmark   February 4, 2013 at 1:08AM
madtown_2006_gw

Thanks for the responses. I wonder if the dimensions and rim are the same between the Drake and the Drake II. Hmm, I will have to look into that. Perhaps the seat workes well with II but not the "regular" Drake.

Bookmark   February 4, 2013 at 10:27AM
More Discussions
Cast Iron, Soaking, Free Standing Tub?
That is what I think I want, but I'm not finding very...
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
Need bathroom sink/mirror/sconce advice asap!!
Hello everyone, we are in a total pickle over what...
Jenn Cassie
Air Tubs: Bain Ultra vs Oceania??
We have researched a number of "air tubs"...
d_dub
What is the strongest, best bathroom fan on the market?
We've had mildew in our old bathroom, despite having...
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
Master Bathroom with Laundry
Where would you start with planning the perfect master...
queenofmycastle0221
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™