Question may be way too general...

carrie630September 24, 2010

but if someone has Long Term Health Insurance, does it pay for some of the monthly assisted living costs if one needs to be in assisted living?

I am thinking about someone I know whose Dad has dementia and no one can take care of the bill but he has LTHInsurance and some money saved.

Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sushipup1

Someone will have to read his policy or call the insurance company. Some policies may cover custodial care, some may be more limited. I don't think that any of these policies cover assistance in your own home, altho I might be wrong (out of date).

Bookmark   September 24, 2010 at 7:30PM
carrie630

Thanks, sushipup -

I imagine that is true, every long term health insurance policy is different - I'll relay info

Bookmark   September 24, 2010 at 7:57PM
blitzyblond_protege

Here in CA there is a program called HICAP (Health Insurance Consumer Advocacy Program, it is SUPPOSE to be a federal program.

Their sole purpose is to help Consumers better understand their health insurance and to help fix any knots their insurance my be tied-up in. Very few people here know about the program, i spread the word when i can, perhaps there is a similar program in your state. web-search HICAP and see where they lead you or get in touch with your state's insurance commissioner.

Bookmark   September 26, 2010 at 9:59PM
More Discussions
how do i tell sil i am not taking her dm
MIL lived near us for years and years. She about drove...
caminnc
Missing
It was on the kitchen sink last night right after dinner...
mxyplx
Information on chair stairlifts
My husband is 90 and we are wanting to have our tub...
lucienalta
Need some good thoughts
I have been at the KT for many years,and think that...
sandiefl
Lack of Social Graces
My Mother with middle stages Dementia has developed...
hoovergal
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™