Miele 30' gas cooktop KM 3474 G... Miele oven H4844 BP

BestbobFebruary 27, 2012

We are replacing cooktop, wall oven, microwave, and dishwasher in the next month. After our first visit to an appliance store, we were about to purchase a Bosch cooktop and wall oven... but owner comments in several forums re both use and service have us continuing to search.

The Miele gas cooktop is about $400 more than the Bosch we priced but less than an equivalent Wolf, which was about the top of our price range. So if comments on the Miele cooktop were comparable to those re Miele dishwashers re reliability and service, we'd be interested.

The Miele wall oven at about $3,200 is much more than the $1250 for the Bosch HBL3350UC we viewed and priced but if comments are strong, we'd consider that as well. (We are also seriously considering the Miele Classic dishwaster as relatively good value for money in this range.)

Comments from people who own the cooktop and/or the wall oven are appreciated. If I have not given enough information, I'll try to fill the gaps.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
antsss

The Miele cooktops I've owned have been nothing special, especially given their price.

Good, trouble free units but not really worth a premium.

Wolf's CT36 is a nice gas unit that is comparable in price, even though it's higher advertised price.

For me it boils down to burner / control arrangement and the "feel" of the knobs or buttons.

Bookmark   February 27, 2012 at 6:10PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Quinn_Appl

If the price doesn't scare you then go Miele. Kind of like comparing Porsche to Volkswagon.

Bookmark   February 28, 2012 at 11:34AM
More Discussions
Bosch Benchmark slide-in induction range
I am pretty committed to going induction with our remodel....
steph2000
Anybody seen/used the new Bosch Benchmark appliances?
I think they are shipping these now. I have largely...
Juno_barks
Wolf porcelain chipping on new ovens
Argggggg!!!! New wolf E series ovens, purchased and...
jackson2348
Any experience with a Miele or other plumbed-in coffee machine?
Heavily considering a plumbed in cva4066ss Miele coffee...
Vandit
Questions about noisy back draft damper on vent hood roof cap
One female here who is definitely not a diy type person....
texasgal47
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™