Royal Copenhagen

detroit_burbNovember 17, 2012

I have not seen other Royal Copenhagen pieces like this, can someone tell me what it is called and if it has value?

It came from an extended family member who is a philanthropist and supporter of fine arts and received many one piece gifts, he is now over 100 and cannot answer questions about this.

it has hand numbers 457 over 259 and some initials maybe? size is 5-6"

I love the glaze, and would buy more if I can find it.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

It was made by Thorkild Olsen in the mid 1950's.
Part of some of their art pottery line.
No idea of value.
Linda C

    Bookmark   November 17, 2012 at 11:24AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

That is often referred to as crackle glazed. Just googled Royal Copenhagen, crackle glaze and came up with this on ebay. It has the same 'design' number and looks like a limited run.

Here is a link that might be useful: similar piece

    Bookmark   November 17, 2012 at 6:47PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Thanks to both of you!

I am glad it is collectible (i.e. priced right) for me because I love this piece and was not sure how to find it.

When I was looking at other Royal Copenhagen pieces, they did not look anything like this, so I appreciate the search terms.

    Bookmark   November 17, 2012 at 9:16PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Vase no marks new or old ?
I have this vase with no mark at bottom, it's real...
China Cup
Hi, I'm doing some research for my sister on a china...
Assistance regarding Lofisa Porcelain
Can anyone shed some light on this piece? I bought...
Need help identifying this lamp.
Please see the picture below. The lamp was originally...
Chuck Wert
Antique Bell evaluation
Hi, I have this antique bell. Can anyone tell me what...
Shay Yakobi
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™