help identify this glass maker

janofmnNovember 30, 2009

HELP please.

I bought a clear rose colored glass dish at a sale. It resembles a plate that has 2 sides brought up to look like the flat baskets you would gather cut flowers in.

there is a symbol of a 'treble clef ' on the bottom center of the dish. The dish reminds me of depression era glass but I don't think it is that old.

Does anyone know who made this?

Thanks so much.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Sounds like a "banana boat"....but we need pictures to really ID it.
Linda C

    Bookmark   November 30, 2009 at 8:53PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Is it a treble clef or could it possibly be something that looks like a cursive L?

    Bookmark   November 30, 2009 at 10:33PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Not an I G with 1 imposed over the other, that is Imperial Glass. Viking had a lot of vases, rose bowls but they had clear sticker on them. Is it completely plain or is there a design etched? A.H. Heisey made unusual items but their molds were sold to Imperial in 1958. Both companies are gone now. pic would sure help.

    Bookmark   December 1, 2009 at 1:03AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

how do I post photos on here?

    Bookmark   December 1, 2009 at 12:31PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Go to Photobucket or another picture sharing site and follow their directions.
Linda c

    Bookmark   December 1, 2009 at 1:07PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
    Bookmark   December 1, 2009 at 1:35PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Embarrassing though it is.....I never saw that mark and can't find anything about it on line....sigh.... LOL!
The dish looks like depression glass in the form....I can't get a good picture of the color...but it looks like that depression glass pink.
I have a huge list of who DIDN'T make it...Jeanette, anchor hocking, Fenton, Fostoria, Imperial, Heisey....
Well you get the idea!
I believe it dates to about 1930 to 1950...not sure if it's american....a picture showing the color will be a better indication....and I think it's a very nice piece. It's commonly called a Banana Bowl...yes made form the mold of a plate that has had the sides pushed up while it's still not set. It was used as a center piece for a table usually with fruit....and I'll bet there were candle sticks to go with it.
Sorry I can't put a name on it.
Linda C

    Bookmark   December 1, 2009 at 8:21PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Linda C
thanks for your input. I will post a couple more photos later, after I finish my salad;)
Thanks again,

    Bookmark   December 1, 2009 at 8:38PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
    Bookmark   December 1, 2009 at 9:54PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Question about Eastlake washstand that has two types of drawer joints
Hi. I recently purchased an antique washstand that...
Patricia Oliver
Antimassacars and tablecloth
I found a cache of embroidered and lace furniture accessories...
camelback sofa
Hello there - could anyone help me to identify the...
Wood antique furniture one chest of drawers .
Trying to remove the grit coat off of the stain without...
Sponsored Products
Bronze Finish Tiffany-style Table Lamp
Tetonia Rug 8'6" x 11'6" - ROSE
$2,699.00 | Horchow
Green Matters Wall Mounted Wall Mount Old Penny Bronze Outdoor Lantern HD-2508
Home Depot
Tech Lighting Peyton 16" High Brown Pendant Light
Euro Style Lighting
'Nana' Box Sign
$8.49 | zulily
Three Tier Cedar Shoe Rack
Signature Hardware
Bosporus Circle Rings Double Gourd Table Lamp
Lamps Plus
Darlee Series 30 Round Patio Bar Table
$431.99 | Hayneedle
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™