Diaper sellers

SunshineThoughtsAugust 19, 2013

Anybody have recs on the best place to get adult diapers? I have an incontinent parent and trying to see what's out there.

Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sunnyca_gw

Depends on the amount of fluid. Mom does well with "guards" they are held on with 2 elastic straps that go around her sides. The advantage is that she doesn't have all that plastic or paper touching her very sensitive skin. The packages can be identified by the little male & female figures in white outline. Wal-Mart, Rite Aid, & Walgreen have them .different name on each store brand. Rite-Aid & Wal-Mart are in med. blue
& white packages &
you get 40 of them with 1 set of elastics in each pkg. Mom has pretty heavy flow & they work well & she manages them by herself. They run about $11 pkg. The pull up Depends & other brands she had trouble pulling up & down & if she had any feces that would be a problem getting it all over. I used these on dad only at night as he just was afraid of having an accident. I'm sure others will chime in. So many of ones they use in hospitals & nursing homes are huge & so hard to get on & make the skin sore.

Bookmark   August 20, 2013 at 8:45PM
YogaLady1948

My mom wears Poise pads, I order them from Amazon and have them delivered~~~she is in assisted living in a town or two over. By doing it this way, I never worry about having to run over and getting her some~~~she would always let me know she needed some when she was using her last pad;(

Bookmark   August 21, 2013 at 8:38PM
SunshineThoughts

Thanks for all the suggestions! I forgot to follow with all of you. A company we're trying out right now is called LiveAnew. They were actually able to speak to my dad directly and help him find the best fit for his lifestyle. He seems happy with the experience and that's all that matters to me!

Here is a link that might be useful: Liveanew site

Bookmark   September 24, 2013 at 2:30PM
More Discussions
Live In Caregiver having to give up bed for visiting family
I am a LIVE IN Caregiver for a senior with Alzheimer's....
mangomoon
Any Long Term Caregivers?
Hi, I would like to chat with caregivers of those with...
Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
Just passing some info on.
Maybe this will help someone else. Took us a long time...
cathyid
Medicare & Lidocaine Patches
My 90 y.o. mom has been using Lidocaine patches for...
patrice607
Medicare and Fully Electric Hospital Beds
I have a prescription from my mom's doctor for a fully...
patrice607
Sponsored Products
Lässig Glam Shoulder Diaper Bag - 2001412
$125.99 | Hayneedle
Kichler 340003 11.81 in. Rochelle Universal Glass Bowl - 340003
$33.98 | Hayneedle
Weber Q Adapter Hose - 6501
$29.99 | Hayneedle
Kichler Olympia 11 in. 3-Light Pendalette Fixture - Olde Bronze - 380001OZW
$143.60 | Hayneedle
Gas Grill: Weber Summit E-620 Gas Grill
Hayneedle
Kichler 340104 12.5 in. Universal Glass Bowl - Piastra Cream with Gold Fleck Acc
$29.98 | Hayneedle
Kichler 340006 11.81 in. Tiffany Universal Glass Bowl - 340006
$182.70 | Hayneedle
Simmons Kids Hollywood 4 Drawer Chest - 318040-066
$549.99 | Hayneedle
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™