Off-centered sink in 36" vanity?

may_flowersFebruary 9, 2013

Is a 36" vanity too small to pull off the off-centered sink look? 36" vanities come standard with two drawers--to get three, I have to buy a 12" drawer cabinet and a 24" sink base. The undermounted sink will be 15" wide, leaving about 16" of lovely counter space from the edge of the sink to the wall. Not splitting the counter space with a sink is a big plus! The light fixture will be centered over a framed mirror about as wide as the cabinet, and the sink and faucet will be off-centered. Will this look okay?

Sometimes they bow the sink base to differentiate it from the drawer cabinet, but mine will be a straight front in a traditional style. I plan to order it through a semi-custom cabinet line, yet to be determined.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
raehelen

Just got back from looking at the one Home Depot has on sale. I couldn't find a link to the one we looked at, but it has similar proportions to this one, only it had 3 functioning drawers, and I believe it may have had a molded sink into the top. It was on sale for $399, which included sink, top, cabinet and mirror. I thought it was very good value for someone. But this gives you a look at how the sink will look off-centered. When dealing with tiny vanities, I think every useable inch is a bonus!

Here is a link that might be useful: Home Depot 36 inch vanity

Bookmark   February 9, 2013 at 7:51PM
may_flowers

That's cute! The advantage to that style is the drawers and doors are at the top because there's no panel. The off-centered sink works because it has a washstand look.

I like the off-centered sinks in photos, but when I saw the Kraftmaid 36" at Lowe's with everything centered, it seemed to make more sense for a traditional vanity. I think it's the off-centered faucet that's bothering me.

Thanks for the photo, Raehelen.

Bookmark   February 9, 2013 at 8:09PM
may_flowers

Did the one you saw at HD have a drawer in the bottom of the sink base? I remember seeing that a few weeks ago.

Bookmark   February 9, 2013 at 8:12PM
raehelen

You know, I don't remember. Should have taken a pic with my phone. Wonder why it's not showing up online. I think the cupboard part had a shelf but no drawer. I am looking for one to store all my towels, so I looked inside, and was thinking of using baskets, but then we also looked at a kitchen cabinet place, and I may be mixing my vanities up!

Bookmark   February 9, 2013 at 8:46PM
More Discussions
American Standard Vormax Toilet
Does any one have an experience with this toilet? http://www.americanstandard-us.com/vormax/ I...
David
Shower drain installed off-center in subfloor - how to fix? Urgent...
Well back to the (new & improved?) Gardenweb. I...
AHMIowa_NJ
extra tile decisions
It turns out I have more grey crackle tile than I needed...
edwina 1330
American Standard Town Square Toilet
Does anyone here have the American Standard Town Square...
mrsdindinbaby
HELP! 6 x 24 tiles are bowing
My tile guy was here today to install 6 x 24 porcelain...
cloub
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™